PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did these kids learn how to choke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavinR.Johnson

On the Roster
Reaction score
Manning gives Pats fans lessons at clinic

INDIANAPOLIS Peyton Manning threw passes, called plays and instructed receivers where he wanted them to go.

But it wasn't business as usual on the Indianapolis Colts indoor practice field.

Instead, Manning spent today teaching, coaching and explaining the intricacies of football to a couple of dozen pint-sized players who weren't even Colts fans.

The Mansfield Green Machine, comprised of a couple of dozen Massachusetts elementary school students, had only two players topping 100 pounds. Most of the players grew up cheering for the New England Patriots.

Today's clinic was a reward from the Upper Deck Company, a trading card manufacturer. The team won the prize after they correctly answered the most trivia questions in an online contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they likely got the story wrong... its more likely Peyton was attending a clinic run by the Jaycees midget football championship team.

Regardless, I feel compelled to offer up some of my favorite Navin R. Johnson quotes:

I was born a poor black child.

Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it.

The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

He hates these cans. Stay away from the cans.

I'm picking out a Thermos for you. Not an ordinary Thermos for you. But the extra best Thermos that you can buy, with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in.

I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.

Good Lord - I've heard about this - cat juggling! Stop! Stop! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Good. Father, could there be a God that would let this happen?

NavinR.Johnson said:
Manning gives Pats fans lessons at clinic
Today's clinic was a reward from the Upper Deck Company, a trading card manufacturer. The team won the prize after they correctly answered the most trivia questions in an online contest.
Eeeek, what was the second place prize, 2 days with Manning???:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back