PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Welker Trade Precipitate A Chain of Events?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
So many things in life are tied together cosmically. A single event can trigger a chain of events that end up making sense as it happens, but could not have been foreseen.

By trading for Wes Welker, the Patriots created a WR need for the Dolphins, who passed on Quinn to take Ginn. Now, as we wait for pick #20 to take place, the Browns/ Bears / Ravens will be calling teams to move up and take Brady Quinn. Having Quinn still on the board also likely affected every other team, as they had to shift their draft boards up and take players earlier than expected.

The picks and resulting players we end up with, possibly with us for a very long time, will likely be influenced by the Wes Welker trade. And the one person most affected by all of this is... Brady Quinn.

Last edited:
Miami wanted a player who could do more than run short middle routes and someone that could change the game. That's why they took Ginn and for no other reason. They like what they have with Chambers, Ginn and Hagan. Booker could quite possibly go to KC by tomorrow. Mueller loved Ginn but I didn't know it was that much. It's obvious that they simply had Ginn higher on their board than Quinn and decided to go BPA insted of drafting a need.

Last edited:
Ginn was FAR from the best player available.

as long as the WR's taken in the 1st and 2nd round in this draft dont excel past welker in the next 3 years, then our 2nd round pick was put to great use.

8 Defensive backs taken in the first round, 6 Wide outs taken in the first round.

I think only half of the teams in the NFL know what they are doing. But of the other teams in the NFL that didnt pick a defensive back or a wide out, that means they have a high powered offense and a very good defense.

the patriots fit that description.

I think it is safe to say that the Ted Ginn selection by Miami surprised everyone, even Ted Ginn

Cameron on the hot seat after picking Ginn Jr. Did you hear the booing? I love it! And then they take Beck? There was some poor drafting in my opinion and I think the Dolphins led the way in that category. Passing on Quinn to take Beck and Quinn? Good luck with that.. how is Culpepper working out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back