PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the refs give Seattle a break at all???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Just owndered how blatant it was...calls go one way or the other..and usually it evens out..more or less...Was any call at all in FAVOR of the Hawks?? Any wrong call that is?? Just wish to see if there were any and the circumstances...?? (Playing Devil's advocate here..to see if..there weer any...)

I can't think of one. They overturned the Hasselbeck fumble but that was fairly obvious. I guess they could have called that one Stevens drop a catch and fumble but Seattle had to punt anyway so it was irrelevant although it could have resulted in better Steeler field position.

But both of those are stretches.

I think the officials picked up the flag that they threw on the Seahawks for being "offsides" when they were coming out of the tunnel.

They did pick up one flag, for a head to head hit, which didn't occur, on an incomplete pass.

BelichickFan said:
I can't think of one. They overturned the Hasselbeck fumble but that was fairly obvious. I guess they could have called that one Stevens drop a catch and fumble but Seattle had to punt anyway so it was irrelevant although it could have resulted in better Steeler field position.

But both of those are stretches.

ya but they should have never had to overturn that anyway. How the refs call that a fumble is beyond me. It was just another case of the refs calling something for the stillrs, but the replay booth just couldn't make it inconclusive so they had to call it correctly!

I think you could make a case that they gave the Seahawks a break when they called the pass to Jeremy Stevens incomplete instead of a fumble.

Other than that...NO!

Last edited:
Patti37 said:
I think you could make a case that they gave the Seahawks a break when they called the pass to Jeremy Stevens incomplete instead of a fumble.

Other than that...NO!

I was thinking of that as well. But in the end, that probably helped the Steelers field position wise.

Porter with the blatant horse collar in front of 90 million Americans...no call...all you have to know about yesterday's Rooney Testimonial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back