PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Pats trade #75 or #86?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Did the Pats trade #75 to move up to #37, or #86? If they traded #75, isn't that too much according to the Value Chart?

PonyExpress said:
Did the Pats trade #75 to move up to #37, or #86? If they traded #75, isn't that too much according to the Value Chart?

They traded 75. 86 is their next pick

Jacky Roberts said:
They traded 75. 86 is their next pick

Ouch. #37= 530 pts, #52=380 pts, and #75=245 pts. 380 + 245= 625>530. Did Green Bay throw in any other later round picks?

PonyExpress said:
Ouch. #37= 530 pts, #52=380 pts, and #75=245 pts. 380 + 245= 625>530. Did Green Bay throw in any other later round picks?

Who cares? That value point thing is ludicrous. Different players are more valueable to different teams. I'll take a potentially super weapon for Brady even if it means losing a draft pick. The point method doesn't account for the fact that they dont have to overpay for a Javon Walker, either.

Jacky Roberts said:
Who cares? That value point thing is ludicrous. Different players are more valueable to different teams. I'll take a potentially super weapon for Brady even if it means losing a draft pick. The point method doesn't account for the fact that they dont have to overpay for a Javon Walker, either.
Your attitude about draft picks seems cavalier. My question is valid.

PonyExpress said:

I really wish they had been able to keep the earlier pick. It seems as if GB needed to make a move more than NE realized...maybe. Regardless, they certainly have done well with the trade. I don't imagine we'll move up any more...

PonyExpress said:

The Pats traded their #52 overall pick and #75 overall for the #36 overall from Green Bay.

To answer your question according to my value chart the Pats paid 595 points for the #36 pick which is worth 540 pts. So they gave up 55 pts in value to get the GUY they wanted. 55 pts is worth about a mid 4th rounder.

Considering how little chance a 4th rounder has to make the team and the Pats still have their 3rd round pick and TWO 4th round picks left, this move gives up an inappreciable amount of value to get imo a 1st round talent WR in the 2nd. Great value trade!!

Maroney + Jackson = Brilliant!! Unexpected but brilliant draft by BB :)

Im reminded of BB's comments of moving up for a player, not for a pick.

A week ago posters were advocating moving up from 21 to 13 to take Jackson before Denver got him. Now we quibble?!

Simply put: To give up 55 points to move up to get Chad Jackson at #36, who was projected as a much higher pick is just plain stealing..... 55 points means nothing, getting a high quality pick at 36: Priceless!:rocker:

VJCPatriot said:
The Pats traded their #52 overall pick and #75 overall for the #36 overall from Green Bay.

To answer your question according to my value chart the Pats paid 595 points for the #36 pick which is worth 540 pts. So they gave up 55 pts in value to get the GUY they wanted. 55 pts is worth about a mid 4th rounder.

55 pts seems like a lot to give up to me. I wonder if Greenbay demanded pick no. 75. I guess it doesn't matter because the Pats probably would have wasted No. 75 on David Thomas anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes