PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Patriots look past the Giants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightningbolt

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I'm not a Patriots fan but considering all of the stuff that's come out after the game such as the Giants players saying that the Patriots players were inviting them to their superbowl parties and also the patriots already planning their victoryu parade before the game started and the way the Patriots offensive line and defense played. Did some of the Patriots players look past the Giants instead of doing what they always do, which is take things one game at a time? I know that Brady didn't overlook the Giants because he probably prepares the best out of any quarterback in the league, and Belichick likes to remind his players never to overlook an opponent. I don't expect either of them looked past the Giants and thought that this was gonna be an easy win, but maybe the Patriots lineman and defense did?

No. I'd believe the offensive line was bribed to fold like a lawnchair before I would believe the "team" looked past this game.

Nobody overlooks anybody in the Super Bowl. That's asanine. The lineman got beat by really good players. The defense gave up 3 points going into the 4th quarter.

I don't know what when wrong. This team just didn't look right in that game. I don't know whether BB let them be TOO loose during the break or if the pressure got to them. I don't know if the players over looked the Giants or if they just weren't expecting them to come out so intense on defense. It does seem that BB wasn't expecting them to pass rush so much and aggressively and highly underestimated their front 4. Then again it could have simply been that our O-line just wasn't prepared to face the best front 4 in football. Or it could have just been one of those stinkers that just happens.

I'm not a Patriots fan but considering all of the stuff that's come out after the game such as the Giants players saying that the Patriots players were inviting them to their superbowl parties and also the patriots already planning their victoryu parade before the game started and the way the Patriots offensive line and defense played. Did some of the Patriots players look past the Giants instead of doing what they always do, which is take things one game at a time? I know that Brady didn't overlook the Giants because he probably prepares the best out of any quarterback in the league, and Belichick likes to remind his players never to overlook an opponent. I don't expect either of them looked past the Giants and thought that this was gonna be an easy win, but maybe the Patriots lineman and defense did?

look past ? any given sunday.....the pats live by one game at a time. Bottomline, the Giants brought their A game, benifitted from couple of fluky plays and eeked out a win, just like they did vs Dallas and GB.

One game winner takes all anything can happen......kust look at Pats win over Rams.

Wouldve been nice to go 19-0, but an almost sack and a lucky catch turned the tide.

eh. time to reload and get back at it next yr

The parade always has to be planned before the game. That is the only way that it can be organized in time.

I don't know what when wrong. This team just didn't look right in that game. I don't know whether BB let them be TOO loose during the break or if the pressure got to them. I don't know if the players over looked the Giants or if they just weren't expecting them to come out so intense on defense. It does seem that BB wasn't expecting them to pass rush so much and aggressively and highly underestimated their front 4. Then again it could have simply been that our O-line just wasn't prepared to face the best front 4 in football. Or it could have just been one of those stinkers that just happens.

But, the Giants defense were not nearly as effective in the week 17 game. So, what changed this time?

To be honest I think BB, genius that he is, and I'm not being sarcastic I really mean it, got too caught up in working with the defense since he (correctly) assessed the game would be a "defense wins championships" type of struggle. However, he should have recognized by the middle of the third that we NEEDED to score some points like it was our last chance and overridden some of McDaniel's calls or adjusted something himself. I REFUSE to believe that BB couldn't recognize a better way to offset that pass rush.

Last edited:
look past ? any given sunday.....the pats live by one game at a time. Bottomline, the Giants brought their A game, benifitted from couple of fluky plays and eeked out a win, just like they did vs Dallas and GB.

One game winner takes all anything can happen......kust look at Pats win over Rams.

Wouldve been nice to go 19-0, but an almost sack and a lucky catch turned the tide.

eh. time to reload and get back at it next yr

I didn't say that the entire Patriots team overlooked the Giants, but rather just a few guys.

My first response upon reading this was F U, you F'en troll.

But on further thought you might be onto something. BB was playing games with the media and Brady's foot. And during his press conf he moved away from his serious attitude to someone doing late night. The only time he was in that mode that I have seen him was leading up to the Dolphins game.

But even if that is true, I will forgive them. They might never forgive themselves but I forgive them.

The parade is always arranged before the Super Bowl. By the city. The Patriots have nothing to do with it. It's always been this way.

The Patriots were mocking the Giants DURING the game. Like they always do. Just like the Giants did as well. During the game. Talking trash during the game is not a surprise. The weird thing is that a Giants player accused Seymour of doing it, which makes it interesting since Antonio Pierce is on defense.

That doesn't mean they weren't overconfident. Clearly, they expected something else from the Giants, something closer to week 17. They weren't prepared for the play on the field.

But I do think you're inferring too much about victory parades or parties. The Patriots NEVER talk trash before the game.

My first response upon reading this was F U, you F'en troll.

But on further thought you might be onto something. BB was playing games with the media and Brady's foot. And during his press conf he moved away from his serious attitude to someone doing late night. The only time he was in that mode that I have seen him was leading up to the Dolphins game.

But even if that is true, I will forgive them. They might never forgive themselves but I forgive them.

After all of the opponents the Patriots beat this year who were better than the Giants, as well as the Giants in week 17, I don't know why the Patriots looked so bad. They didn't look like the same Patriots team that played the Giants in week 17.

But, the Giants defense were not nearly as effective in the week 17 game. So, what changed this time?

I don't think the Giant's defense pass rushed as much, nor did they show us as many looks. The other aspect of this is the fact that they were able to read our plays and react to them. That all come down to us not making the necessary adjustments. Also remember, though, that in week 17, there were getting a lot of pressure on Brady, he just managed to get the ball off right before they got to him.

The parade is always arranged before the Super Bowl. By the city. The Patriots have nothing to do with it. It's always been this way.

The Patriots were mocking the Giants DURING the game. Like they always do. Just like the Giants did as well. During the game. Talking trash during the game is not a surprise. The weird thing is that a Giants player accused Seymour of doing it, which makes it interesting since Antonio Pierce is on defense.

That doesn't mean they weren't overconfident. Clearly, they expected something else from the Giants, something closer to week 17. They weren't prepared for the play on the field.

But I do think you're inferring too much about victory parades or parties. The Patriots NEVER talk trash before the game.

I was basing my opinion off of what the Giants players said. It could be true or false but it does cause one to wonder...

I was basing my opinion off of what the Giants players said. It could be true or false but it does cause one to wonder...

It's called trash talking. Just Like what Rivers is famous for. Does that mean whenever Rivers or a Charger talks trash he's overlooking their opponent?

Right. They were really nervous about the Pro Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down