PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the NFL have this for Brady in '07? ... "Peyton's Pace"

re: Did the NFL have this for Brady in '07? ... "Peyton's Pace"

I am not a Saints fan but what about Brees historic season a few years ago??? I dont think the NFL had a webpage for that

Surprised there is no Peyton's Place website, highlighting his great playoff career.

Surprised there is no Peyton's Place website, highlighting his great playoff career.

Well, there is manningface.com.

In 2007, Brady was being compared with Montana, the team and the dynasty was being compared with the best that ever played the game.

Folks here may not like Manning, but make no mistake, the media worships Belichick and Brady.

So, sure, the media and the nfl like to watch great offensive performances and one of the best stories in the league. That hasn't changed since 2007.

The reality is that the biggest continuing stories of the last decade or do are the Brady, Manning and Big Ben (and the success of their teams).

Which media is it that worships Belichick. Certainly not the one in his own town.
Certainly not the one on NFLN.

Perception by fan message boards provide a very special perspective.

I don't follow local Boston media, although national media assignees like Curran and Reiss have always praised Belichick and the team.

I watch NFLN a fair amount. I disagree with your perception. Belichick is always one of the top couple of coaches on any list. Mooch, Sanders and most of the rest are quick to call Belichick pne of the best coaches ever, and are constantly marveling at this talent. There is occasional criticism for individual decisions (especially on 4th down), but no more than we see here.

IMHO, Belichick is viewed at very least as one of the top 3 coaches in the NFL today and at the very least in the top 20 all-time.

And yes, I understand those here who consider it treason to consider Belichick and Brady anything but the best that ever played the game. That view is fine for fan boards.

After the 2004 season and during the 2007 season, the patriots, Belichick and Brady were considered the second best in the modern era, next to Montana's 49ers. I can understand folks not having quite the same view since we haven't won a Super Bowl lately.

I certainly still consider the 2003-2007 patriots one of the best teams/franchises ever. It is a bit unreasonable to have the same view for the 2008-2012 patriots. And yes, the total Belichick era is also among the best ever (2000-2013).

Which media is it that worships Belichick. Certainly not the one in his own town.
Certainly not the one on NFLN.

So they've thrown the same amount of TDs in the first nine games and Brady has less picks haha. I couldn't care less about yards. He's hurt, has KC twice and the Pats. He's not going to make it.

Passing records are meaningless in today's pass happy league,i stopped paying attention since 07 when we lost to the Giant. Let Manning have his precious record, the only record we need is that elusive 4th ring.

What a load of crap. It's like the league has been engineering this since training camp, holding his hand all the way to the Super Bowl.

I'm with you, pats fans. This is pretty disgusting.

They probably didn't. But the NFL.com site has come pretty far since '07. The internet is not the same now as it was six years ago. I think it is more because of that and not that they hate Brady. Brady gets his fair share of ballwashing on NFL.com too.

I am not a Saints fan but what about Brees historic season a few years ago??? I dont think the NFL had a webpage for that

Along those lines, I don't remember anything like this for Aaron Rodgers when the Packers went 15-1 and he ended up throwing 45 TDs.

Then again, as someone else pointed out, websites keep improving and people keep thinking of new things to put out there.

Not for anyone other than Prince Pay-me-a-ton. This is not the first time that Peyton's pace and achievements have been tracked game by game, though it is the first time the NFL as an organization has shown such support for an active player. Colt's fans did the previous iteration, though once Harrison retired and number 18 left it seems to have fallen into disuse.

Frankly I am glad they didn't do this for the Pats or Brady or Brees. For those that care they already know the facts, targets and projections. I can't see this growing any audience more than already exists. Also it just seems a little tacky, like a circus side show, that promises the unbelievable but in reality is nothing more than a little out of the ordinary amplified by smoke, light and mirrors.

Anyway, Peyton's already faced all 4 NFC East teams, so his stats can't get padded anymore, can they?

Defense (PPG) (YPG)

Redskins: 31st 27nd
Cowboys: 23rd 32nd
Eagles: 20th 31st
Giants: 26th 12th

Of course Peyton got to play the NFC East in it's worst year, ever? Throw in the Jaguars, Raiders, and Chargers poor units, and the Broncos have faced a total of two good defenses: The Ravens hodgepodge week 1 mess, and the Colts.

Really, the defensive draw the Broncos got the first 9 weeks is absurdly unfair.

Not Brady himself, no.

OTOH, they did have "Pursuit of Perfection" spots on the network on a regular basis (sponsored by Gillette, of course).

And on the ESPN BottomLine crawlers, it wasn't uncommon to see "NBA > NCAA > NFL > PATRIOTS >."

Heck, they considered it worthy of a "Breaking News" alert when the Pats released Chad Brown.

I think Peyton will not get the TD record. I think he'll have a few bad games and fall short. Plus, in the end, do records really mean much? They're nice, sure. But do they mean more than SB wins? NOPE!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back