PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the NFL have this for Brady in '07? ... "Peyton's Pace"

re: Did the NFL have this for Brady in '07? ... "Peyton's Pace"

I think we all know that peyton has and will always the media darling while brady is the overachiever qb that came from nowhere.

Peyton manning is Apollo creed and brady is rocky.

Disgusting.

I just threw up everywhere.

God willing it'll all begin to go away about 11:30 pm November 24th at the Razor under a gently falling snow and the Donkeys at 8-3.

What's ironic is that Brady was arguably better in 2010 than in 2007. His TD-INT ratio that year was otherworldly......and he did it while losing the franchise outside WR 3 games in.....

Last edited:

Interesting thing I noticed on that page. Mannings 4 TDs were thrown a combined total of 11 yards beyond the los.

Not worried, his avg. is about to take a major dump.... KC, Pats, KC coming up.... :cool:

We need to get over it. Manning is just more of a fan favorite around the league. Manning is loved because of his "aw, shucks" demeanor and his commericals. Brady is a victim of the hate of Patriots around the league and his Hollywood lifestyle (Bel Air mansion, model wife, etc.).

The media is going to latch onto Manning's run far more than Brady's in 2007. Besides, the Pats had Spygate back in 2007,, Moss was challenging for the WR TD record, and the undefeated season run that kinda took away the spotlight from Brady's run.

Manning is good for ratings and clicks. The media is going to exploit it.

One thing I didn't realize was that at this point, Manning and Brady have the same # of TDs. I thought Manning was ahead.

nope, brady had

Spygate, brady cheats, the patriots are dirty and they run up the score, "yeah i vomited on the field during the two minute drill give me my ring" - mcnabb

its typical peyton ballwashing.

all that matters is the superbowl. manning wont get another one.

the next 3 games will end manning's season

all I got from this is that Brady didn't turn the ball over as much as Manning.

nothing new.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

They forgot to count these VERY important stats:

# of pick plays: (estimation: 270)

# of pick plays for TDs: (estimation: 30)

# of TDs thrown inside the 3 yard line: (estimation: 20)

I'm starting to get too old to care about what the rest of the country thinks about anything, let alone Brady vs. Manning. Most people are stupid, and they do and think stupid things. The media is made up of equally stupid people, and they cater right back to their audience that shares their stupidity.

It's the circle of life.

Someday, in the very near future, when Peyton's skills have eroded, we can all look forward to him delivering pizzas for Papa John's

Did the NFL have this for Brady in '07?

Everybody loves the underdog more than the topdog ;)

Did the NFL have this for Brady in '07?

Someday, in the very near future, when Peyton's skills have eroded, we can all look forward to him delivering pizzas for Papa John's

Peyton owns papa john, well part of it.

Hey elway7, you hate manning and the broncos?

Obnoxious in so many ways, but — much in the same way the passing rules have evolved, so too has the digital media landscape.

Anyway, not sure how long this has been running but it has all the appearances of a rush job. Those three pics at the top are pretty funny. One quibble from a semantics standpoint: The stats they highlight are labelled as being "pace." They look to me more like actual stats.

In 2007, Brady was being compared with Montana, the team and the dynasty was being compared with the best that ever played the game.

Folks here may not like Manning, but make no mistake, the media worships Belichick and Brady.

So, sure, the media and the nfl like to watch great offensive performances and one of the best stories in the league. That hasn't changed since 2007.

The reality is that the biggest continuing stories of the last decade or do are the Brady, Manning and Big Ben (and the success of their teams).

I don't know about Peyton's pace but Patsfans is on target for 51 threads about Peyton Manning by next monday. Such a shame we don't have a great QB of our own to talk about.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back