Welcome to PatsFans.com

Did the MSM Help Obama Win?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Nov 19, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

A little tidbit for the there's no bias in the MSM people.
    Imagine these graphs if there was no Fox News.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

The polls did not detect this trend. All along, after Obama recovered from the first debate, the polls showed Obama with a small consistent lead in all the swing states, except NC and FL. Possibly Hurricane Sandy was enough to give Obama a victory in Florida, but clearly Obama's victory was solid.

Republicans blame the liberal media, their failed software (Orca), the failure of Romney to stick to Tea Party principles, Christie, etc. Liberals credit minorities and young people turning out in record numbers, as well as Obama sticking to his principles.

As far as the media tone, Obama certainly benefited from Hurricane Sandy, especially after the Tea Party governors of New Jersey and Virginia praised him. There was not much to praise about Romney. His comments since the election expose what a loser he is.

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

actually that is not exactly what the article says:

The Final Days of the Media Campaign 2012 | Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ)

In other words the media decided who should win the election a week early for us.

4. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

7. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

8. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Mitt Romney and the republican lost to themselves.

Their inabilities to connect with the common person is what helped them lose. I honestly think it didn't mater, the republicans have got to learn that people really take what they say with heart.

Like Patters mentioned, now Romney just seems mad, bitter and crushed. He lost fair and square, he should just let it go. I just don't think any amount of coverage would've played more a bigger role in this loss more than the republicans themselves. Like I mentioned before, they have some soul searching to do because the party itself is becoming a joke. I love what the republican party was founded on, but things have changed and the people that represent it just seem to make it worse sometimes.

9. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I agree ... no dispute ... republican party lost me in the early 90's - Bush I ... went IND.

I just thought these graphs should be shown ... it's what it's as NEP would say.

10. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

I think the people decided. There were very few undecided voters.

But as to your point, Fox has far more viewers than MSNBC, so the comparison in the chart is not really fair. A glance at random days prior to the election shows Fox has at least 2x as many viewers as MSNBC.

Cable News Ratings for Monday, November 5, 2012 - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

11. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

Candy Crowley certainly put her stamp on the race, she stepped out of her moderator role and fact checked right on the spot. Seemed like a setup to me. What should be mentioned is Mitt sort of undid himself there. He pressed on the semantics of the POTUS remarks. He just needed to stick with the"why", but he stepped into the trap, gullibly.

12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think the sitting president will always get more media coverage anyways, right?

On top of that, Willard was an unlikeable, empty suit with nothing interesting to say. He literally had nothing newsworthy to cover other than that he was running for President and that he wanted to resore America from something no one could define.

Looking back on the campaign, it seems kind of unremarkable and lackluster. This is just more sour grapes about something that routinely happens when you have a charasmatic, incumbent president running against a half-arsed challenger. I bet the numbers look pretty similar to Bush-Kerry and Clinton-Dole. Come to think of it, there's similarity among Kerry, Dole and Romney...they were all aweful challengers. No Bill Clintons or Ronald Reagans in that group.

13. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's true, but it was a trap of his own making. Of course, after he stepped into it. he thought it was someone else's doing. You're right. He should have called her out on it and raised hell. Who knows what that might have done.

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

Does this question even have to be asked? Everyone knows what the answer is. It is what it is, and always will be, when it comes to the media.

16. Hebeill

Hebeill 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

it was his own doing and he deserved what he got. He walked over to her and asked if Obama was telling the truth. Crowley just answered mittins question, she didn't jump in on her own occord

17. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

How did W get elected twice with our "left-wing media"? How come the "left-wing media" never questioned going into Iraq (either time) or the TARP or Bank Bailouts? Did you look at that clown parade the Republicans put on for a primary? And you want to blame the media?

Lame.

18. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,810 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

Actually Wistah the MSM loved Bush because entitlements went way up while he was President ... all kinds of gifts to democrats and republicans for funding his war bill. Bush was not a real conservative ... only in an imperialistic sense.

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

First of all, where did I BLAME the media? I didn't. My view is that the media is totally in the tank for all things Obama. There is absolutely no question either.

Do you remember 2004? You really think the media was helping Bush get reelected? It was pushing John Kerry as hard as it could. How about 2008. Do you think the media was unbiased in that election? C'mon dude seriously. It is what it is. The media, in general, slants left. Period. Always has, always will.

20. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

When you are a President, you naturally get more coverage.. have to remember all that was going on at that time.. Superstorm Sandy, Benghazi, Bengazi-gate, Mourdock, Akin, Walsh.. etc.

Of course the President is going to get more coverage, he can stay in the limelight because of who he is and many of the azz clowns came forth and garnered a lot of attention and contrast to Obama.