PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Jet win hurt US that much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying that in this scenario the Jets would tank the game so the Pats would miss the playoffs? That's incredibly dumb.

There is not the slightest bit of a doubt in my mind that the Jets would tank the Miami game if winning it meant handing the Division to the Pats. I don't think that is dumb at all. I live in NYC. They truly hate us here. The fans would not object at all. The sportwriters would wink and nod. The Jets players detest us. The Jets coaches have a huge chip on their shoulder about us. I would take that to the bank, if the scenario played out that way.

question abt shaun ellis who recovered the fumble . Why hasnt hhe been suspended yet for the pot use ? Faulk was quick to miss a game for it

question abt shaun ellis who recovered the fumble . Why hasnt hhe been suspended yet for the pot use ? Faulk was quick to miss a game for it

Quick? It took more than 6 months for his suspension to be announced.

Yup. I believe the Jets wouldn't be playing for anything and would play "softly" especially since a win would mean the PATS taking the Division!
and Mangini might lose his job...so they will tank a game??? LOL....

A Patriots loss to the Bills would give the Jets the division title.

You really think the Jets would throw the Miami game knowing they WIN the division with a Patriots loss to the Bills?
I think knowing the scenarios aside he means that IF the Rats had nothing to play for and they knew their losing would knock us out of the playoffs they'd throw the game. And I think he's right.

It hurts us no matter how you look at it. The only way it wouldn't is if we win our last 2 and the Jets/Dolphins each lose at least 1 of their last 2.

You can bank on the fact that either the Jets or Dolphins will lose in week 17.

I don't find it tough to believe that the Jets could lose to Seattle next week the way they nearly gave up the game to the Bills.

Jets lose next week, and beat the Fins at home and the Pats are in if they win out.

So not much changes - the Pats still need help - there's just less time in which to get it.

You can bank on the fact that either the Jets or Dolphins will lose in week 17.

I don't find it tough to believe that the Jets could lose to Seattle next week the way they nearly gave up the game to the Bills.

Jets lose next week, and beat the Fins at home and the Pats are in if they win out.

So not much changes - the Pats still need help - there's just less time in which to get it.

I think the Jets will lose both of their last two games. Not what I hope, but I think it's what happens.

The right thing to do would be to have the AFCE games for the next two weeks played at the same time, honestly.

Also, we're currently tied for the wild-card. How does that work?

Last edited:
That's a lot to think about. I just boil it down to: after today, we need to get lucky to win the Division, but the Wildcard is ours if we win out and the revitalized Cowboys beat the Ravens next week in the final regular season game at Texas Stadium.
Are the Cowboys really revitalized, or is it reallly that the Giants are devitalized?

I think knowing the scenarios aside he means that IF the Rats had nothing to play for and they knew their losing would knock us out of the playoffs they'd throw the game. And I think he's right.

Unless the Jets - Dolphins game is flexed to 8 pm, I don't buy that.

Lets assume this week Pats and Dolphins win, Jets lose.

That would mean that week 17....

Jets win + Bills win = Jets win div.

Jets win + NE win = NE win division

Fins win = Fin win the div.

Now assume for a moment the EM throws the game against the fish to deny the Pat the division and the Bills upset the Pats. EM is not just out of a job, his house will be firebombed.

No, the Jets would have to play to win and hope for a Bills win.

Unless the Jets - Dolphins game is flexed to 8 pm, I don't buy that.

Lets assume this week Pats and Dolphins win, Jets lose.

That would mean that week 17....

Jets win + Bills win = Jets win div.

Jets win + NE win = NE win division

Fins win = Fin win the div.

Now assume for a moment the EM throws the game against the fish to deny the Pat the division and the Bills upset the Pats. EM is not just out of a job, his house will be firebombed.

No, the Jets would have to play to win and hope for a Bills win.
Yes, but what I'm saying is IF they had nothing to play for.

I saw the Baltimore Colts throw a game in 1975 to the Patriots. If the Colts won they would have been out of the playoffs. It was so obvious that a rule was put in place the next year about the situation. So yes if the Colts would throw a game the RATS certainly would.

The Rats' HC is under career ending pressure. He is not going to tank a game and quite possibly his job and career to keep a team he's not fond of out of the playoffs. Absolutely ridiculous.

"Jets lose next week, and beat the Fins at home and the Pats are in if they win out."

The Jets are not beating the Dolphins, end of story. They will end up 9-7 and the Doofins win the division.

And if any of you think that moron patroling the Doofin sidelines (you know, the 300 lb bald wrecking ball in the fat guy pizza maker white tent he wears) is actually coaching the Doofins and it's not the Tuna, you haven't followed football long enough.

Big Bill is calling the shots down there, pizza boy is just a beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back