PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the guy in the Randy Moss mask get any TV coverage? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now a mask with the updated facial hair would be a riot. All anyone would need to do is purchase a similar style mustache and beard combo from the local costume shop and glue it on. The harder part is getting on camera. You'll need some luck and or a good seat to pull that one off.

Make it happen, Arnold!

Re: Real Randy Moss fans will enjoy this.

i hope that's not it. i hope you're being funny, cuz' that's not right. if that's it, then that's the stupidest thing i've read on this board and i've been here for a while. i still don't get the original complaint

Do I really need to explain this? The guy seemed to be offended because somehow it seemed to him like a minstrel show, in which people wore black face. His inference was ridiculous, so I sarcastically suggested that if the kid had a white face mask, then the kid would have been less offensive to the guy who compared it to a minstrel show.

Hope that clears it up for you.

(Edit - some others have already explained what I meant, so thanks folks)

Last edited:

Perhaps, but can you also explain how someone from China has an arguably anti-Semitic handle and uses an obvious ethnic stereotype for an avatar? ;)

Last edited:

As you should well know, patjew is known for glib, highly entertaining, and generally insightful commentary, not stupidity.

As quoted above, Gasper, from the Herald, said the mask was personally offensive. As Moss is himself African-American, patjew was pointing out the only alternative in response to Gasper's ridiculous outrage would be to change the color of the mask, which would likely be even more offensive, to Moss and others given the implications of that redesign.

Gasper was trying to make some Al Jolson-blackface analogy (which, as you recall, had white actors playing the role of African-American characters because African-Americans were prohibited from participating in those events), which is completely out of place in this context as the subject of the mask approved its design, in fact sold it on his site, enjoyed the exchange with the fan wearing it, and the mask was designed to showcase his personality. If he would not be equally offended by a kid wearing a Welker mask (it would then be the wearing of any mask that personally offends him and that would just be bizarre), then Gasper needs to put a cork in it.

Thanks bud! You actually took the time to explain my lame attempt at a joke, and you nailed it.

That's funny, I didn't even realize it was Gasper who was making the blackface analogy.

Perhaps, but can you also explain your arguably anti-Semitic handle and use of an obvious ethnic stereotype for an avatar? ;)

Ah, you must be referring to the little known use of jew-face.

That's a relief. I was afraid we were gong to end up debating "bear cats" again. ;)

Perhaps Arnold can make a mask of your avatar PJ. :cool:

That's a relief. I was afraid we were gong to end up debating "bear cats" again. ;)

Wow, you have an amazing memory! That was almost 3 years ago.

Do I really need to explain this? The guy seemed to be offended because somehow it seemed to him like a minstrel show, in which people wore black face. His inference was ridiculous, so I sarcastically suggested that if the kid had a white face mask, then the kid would have been less offensive to the guy who compared it to a minstrel show.

You had me at hello PatJew. I enjoyed your sarcasm the first time around. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

That scene was totally Mossome! Robert should hook that young kid up with tix!

You had me at hello PatJew. I enjoyed your sarcasm the first time around. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

That scene was totally Mossome! Robert should hook that young kid up with tix!

I totally agree! It was probably the best thing I've ever seen happen at Gillette - I wish I was there for it. The way the crowd was chanting "Randy, Randy" gave me goose bumps. It reminded me of when the crowd was chanting "Corey, Corey!" for Dillon during the 2004 AFC divisional game. I bet Randy really needed that after hearing the boos 2 weeks ago.

I totally agree! It was probably the best thing I've ever seen happen at Gillette - I wish I was there for it. The way the crowd was chanting "Randy, Randy" gave me goose bumps. It reminded me of when the crowd was chanting "Corey, Corey!" for Dillon during the 2004 AFC divisional game. I bet Randy really needed that after hearing the boos 2 weeks ago.

Ya know I would love it if the kid got to meet Randy after a game or received some free playoff tickets. Maybe I can help make that happen? Not quite sure how to get in touch with the little dudes peeps yet, but I am going to suggest it to Randy's management. That funny little exchange on the jumbotron has apparently turned out to be a pivotal moment for this season that folks will remember at the very least.

i was saying the original racial complaint was probably the stupidest thing i've read on here. it's a mask for crying out loud.

i was saying the original racial complaint was probably the stupidest thing i've read on here. it's a mask for crying out loud.

I guess Gasper thought it was blackface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes