Welcome to PatsFans.com

Did the game live up to the hype?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sunqueen212, Oct 14, 2007.

?

Did the game live up to the hype?

1. Absolutely!

53 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. eh....

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. Hells no!

6 vote(s)
    8.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunqueen212

Sunqueen212 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I have to say I noticed an increase in my heart rate for about 2 minutes in the 3rd quarter when the Boys had a four-point lead.

Good game though.
  2. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Yes. It looked like a superbowl halftime score at 21-17. I was a little nervous when the 'boys took the lead early in the third quarter. Imagine if these teams meet again in the superbowl. Assuming Terry Glenn comes back, he will be facing his former team for the Lombardi Trophy. Henry should also be there for the Cowboys along with Seymour and Maroney for the Pats.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  3. Sunqueen212

Sunqueen212 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was a weird feeling being nervous during a game. We are so spoiled!!! :bricks:
  4. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 5 / -1

I'm sure people expected a closer score but it was a close game for a while.
  5. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Pats met the hype.

The message writer is another story.

Romo's pick was just horrible, but otherwise he played a decent game. Witten was Witten - you gotta love that guy. Bring him over here.

They could have used Glenn today. They just didn't have the weapons to sustain drives as consistently as the Pats.

Without the strange fumble and defensive TD, they really weren't in the game. They never proved that they could stop the Pats offense. They were a couple of close calls (Moss) from being blown out by even more. I could easily see them having given up over 50.
  6. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Dallas gave us a good run for a little while, then the Pats made the adjustments and pulled away. I'd say the NFL is thrilled with how close we came to matching the hype.
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +438 / 5 / -1

This game was much closer than the final score indicates. The Pats controlled most of the game, but there were a few times when I seriously thought we might lose. It was a great game until we really sealed the deal in the end and that moron Phillips decided to go for 3 rather than a TD.
  8. Gumby

Gumby Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#11 Jersey

I think the game proved we are just a couple of injuries away from being humbled by good teams.

1. While Light was on the sideline; Dallas got 2 QB sacks, a strip and 7 pts on defense.

2. After sammy went down we were pretty much 1 RB deep; (a RB who has never been that well known as a 1st or 2nd down back.)

This could very well be the SB matchup.

And both teams could be substantially better by the time that game comes around, at least on D. Dallas gets "Tank" off suspension soon (? next week ?) and we may see Seymour by week 10 (hopefullly sooner).

I certainly hope we either work on our tackling skills or get the refs to check Dallas's RB unis for teflon if there is a next time. (or get the refs to call some of those holds going on that prevented our guys from coming off blocks to tackle the RBs)
  9. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

I was a good game up until Dallas took the lead. After that the Pats looked like they put the petal to the metal and it wasn't close. The Cows defense wore down and Brady had his way with them. At half time Boomer Esiesen said that the Pats hadn't played to their potential,and he expected to see that in the second half. Like I said when dallas went ahead it was like a wakeup call and we put it in another gear.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  10. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i loved this game ! wow ! what a beauty is to be a Patriot fan in these years...

so: absolutely is my vote
  11. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

Of course! As far as I am concerned, any big game that we win lives up to the hype! Also, Dallas appeared to intend to make it a game when they went up by four in the 3rd quarter. Luckily Tommy and the boys were having none of that!
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  12. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yep--it was a thing of beauty..and screw TO and his sour grapes!
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

It's funny, but I was surprisingly calm when they went up in the 3rd. Perhaps because all game long, I felt that we were on the verge of busting out on offense.

Moss was regularly getting behing the D and Brady was overthrowing. Plus a lot of open spaces for our receivers. I knew Dallas's upfront pressure had a time limit on it and we just needed to get on the other side of it.

I was right, once we hit it (the pass rush time limit), we hung 27 points on them like nobody's business.
  14. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -1

I don't want to face these guys again. They sacked TB 3X, if that Cowboy first down doesn't get called back for a penalty, it could have been a very different game.
  15. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +542 / 6 / -0

Sure it did. It was a highly entertaining, well-played game that was competitive well into the second half...yet the final score kept the Patriots on pace to keep piling up records, and left open the possibility of an even more hyped showdown of unbeatens later in the season. CBS must be doing handstands!
  16. RodRustsGhost

RodRustsGhost Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1. If the Tom Brady fumble is called incomplete pass (tuck rule) it's a different game
    2. If the phantom Offensive Pass interference on moss isn't called it's a different game
    3. If the ref's give the correct spots to the ball, Two poor spots on the ball on back-to-back plays kept Patriots short of a 1st down. One on a Welker sideline catch then on a Morris second effort run on the next play. it's a different game

It's not like both teams didn't have to deal with the adversity of craptastic officiating.
  17. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

This is going to sound odd, given that the Patriots won by 3 TDs and had two
    others taken away from them, but I thought it lived up to the hype. Dallas is considered the best NFC team by many, and they hung in there for quite a while.
  18. Revolution #37

Revolution #37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That was certainly a first down!!!

I just think the refs were poor for the whole game!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.