PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did The Eagles Expose The Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I thought that article was pretty well written.
The Patriots DO need to reprogram and rethink their offense and defense packages. The gameplan this week almost lost it for them.
McDaniel has to think of ways to get Moss involved early. A hot Moss makes the offense work so MUCH BETTER because of what his presence creates.

I think the Patriots can STILL got 16-0, it's just not going to be easy for them. They're going to have to rethink some things, like defending the in cut rout, and they're going to need to make their offense multidimensional so defenses can't load up vs the pass and Randy Moss.

Wait, I know... how about if we get the sabermetrics geeks to tell us what ratio of Randyness we need for optimal effect. We could call it, oh, I don't know, how about "the Randy ratio..." then broadcast to the whole league how we're getting him into X% of the plays... :)

Okay seriously, I like your second paragraph a lot better than your first.

We don't know exactly what the run-less offense was about, but we did see a good deal of burst out of LM when he was in.

But coverage (defense) was weak... there were some drops, and Tommy was misfiring some. He was playing hurried all night. There was a good deal of pressure in his grill, which of course goes back to the O-line. No time for many deep balls, no running game, but at least we carved 'em up pretty well over the middle. They picked their poison, and -- with the running game removed -- we helped them narrow it down. But we still beat them with what was left to us to use. Kudos to the Iggles!

Compared to other years, tonight was "marching the ball down the field." Our expectations are just all messed up this year. That was a perfectly good, if not dominant, offensive performance, but defensively... what can I say?

You can't hope to stop A.J. Feeley. You can only hope to contain him ;)

PFnV

Wait, I know... how about if we get the sabermetrics geeks to tell us what ratio of Randyness we need for optimal effect. We could call it, oh, I don't know, how about "the Randy ratio..." then broadcast to the whole league how we're getting him into X% of the plays... :)

Okay seriously, I like your second paragraph a lot better than your first.

We don't know exactly what the run-less offense was about, but we did see a good deal of burst out of LM when he was in.

But coverage (defense) was weak... there were some drops, and Tommy was misfiring some. He was playing hurried all night. There was a good deal of pressure in his grill, which of course goes back to the O-line. No time for many deep balls, no running game, but at least we carved 'em up pretty well over the middle. They picked their poison, and -- with the running game removed -- we helped them narrow it down. But we still beat them with what was left to us to use. Kudos to the Iggles!

Compared to other years, tonight was "marching the ball down the field." Our expectations are just all messed up this year. That was a perfectly good, if not dominant, offensive performance, but defensively... what can I say?

You can't hope to stop A.J. Feeley. You can only hope to contain him ;)

PFnV

Important factoid...The Eagles offense actually put more points on the board than the Pats offense. The difference in the game was that our Pats were able to get away with no interceptions in 54 passing attempts.

Disney-Chicken-Little-Sky-Falling.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey