Welcome to PatsFans.com

Did The Democrats Send A Letter RE: Bush Assassination Show

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Sep 8, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I 've been looking and I have yet to find it.

Perhaps I need to heck YouTube? Nah...they don't do letters.

If I find it...I will store it with the democrat letters condeming
    Michael Moore's Farenheit 9/11 movie.
    BTW...will I need a folder for these? How large should it be?

And he asks how many? Perhaps if there were more morality
    based
    letters he would stop asking me such a stupid question?
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Are you so naive that you don't understand the nature of political struggle? Are you so ignorant that you don't recall any of the efforts that Republicans waged to censor F 9/11, various children's books, etc.? Besides, Michael Moore never ever denied that his film was a political documentary (and he backs up everything in the movie with sources that can be found on his website). Further, the American people haven't granted him a license for use of the airwaves, so it's different situation for Disney and Michael Moore. Disney is using something owned by all Americans to rewrite history in a way that favors Republicans.
  3. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I have no problem with ABC editing it if they fixed inaccuracies, but your argument about public airwaves is bogus. F 9/11 has been shown on TV (public airwaves) probably a million times since its release, and spectrum holders have no more obligation than anyone else to ensure the accuracy of their material (Times v. Sullivan is the legal standard for defemation of public officials, and they don't have to go even an inch beyond that).
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, NEM. I liked F 9/11, I've shown it to many people, I even went to see Michael Moore speak at BC a few years ago. But if you think that any of his movies are perfectly accurate, you need to actually see them. He doesn't always tell the whole story, just the part that helps him make whatever point he wants to make. He never outright lies, but I would say he's sometimes guilty of misinformation by omission. I don't like it, and I think it hurts his integrity, but he's a filmmaker looking to make money and he'll put in whatever sells.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well yeah, that's what most talking heads do... And Moore didn't need to learn it from them, he's a bright, talented filmmaker and he knows exactly what he's doing.