PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did The Branch Issue create a Wedge Between Brady And Pats FO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Watching the last two games I just can't help but wonder if BB won the Battle with Branch, at the cost of making our Franchise and Star QB disenfranchised with the Franchise......I mean I will be the first to say that I supported BB/Pili 100% in the Branch ordeal. I did that though not knowing truly what Brady was really feeling. After seeing his passionless and erratic games the past two weeks, I can't help but wonder if Brady's convictions about wanting Branch back were stronger then everyone realizes. I mean I know what he said in the media, but I wonder if he fought hard to get Branch back and is now pissed about not having his favorite pass catcher back. Maybe he is trying to display his displeasure. I hope that it isn't the case and that it is just going to take some time to Gel, however people are kidding themselves if they can't tell that Brady is not himself right now! I'm not just talking about missing passes(Barely 50% for 2 weeks) I'm talking about the leadership and fire he has provided in th epast. Brady has always been the glue through it all and I just hope BB hasn't weakened that glue with the Branch deal...

Last edited:
What a load of crap.

Competitors, COMPETE!

Grow Up.

And if you are right, then grow up Tom, and be a big boy. S**t happens.

Tommy's too smart for that. He may miss Branch but he understands why the FO did what it did.

Please tell me we are not in for a whole week's worth of threads like this.

Th ereality of it is, Tom has never been a selfish player. He has always put the team first ( Money, Stats etc..). If there was anyone in this league who could ask for the moon and have every one except one or two teams in the NFL ready to give it to him, it would be Brady.......Maybe this once he really wanted to keep that constant in Branch in the fold.....I can say that if Brady really wanted it, then they should have worked to get it done.I think it is important for a QB to have his favorite target, even if we don't agree. BB had to know that Brady wanted Branch back badly, Maybe Tom feels like he has given and now !!!

OK...is it SCPatBoy's bedtime yet? Because this is such a waste of time.

Did they not "work to get it done"?

Brady is a very private person.

Maybe someone close to him is ill or terminal?

Maybe there's some personal issue we're not aware of that's got his head messed up?

Even his post game press conference, he's a guy who usually looks folks in the eyes. But today he seemed fidgety, his eyes were darting all over totally not concentrating well on his surroundings. Very weird. I think we'll find out something this week.

BradyisGod said:
OK...is it SCPatBoy's bedtime yet? Because this is such a waste of time.

Did they not "work to get it done"?

Can you please grace us with your superior football intelect and educate us on what is going on, since you have clearly demonstrated yourself as a mature, educated person........................................Coulkd you grow up and don't post to a thread if you don't like it.....That is the Big thing to do!!

Last edited:
There is only 1 thing I would consider here...the rest Brady is too much a professional to not overcome.

when Brady renegotiated his contract I knew and others knew there would problems down the road with that. then Seymour gave it a go...got an extra million and got renegotiated duiring the season.

Who are the 2 players showing the most emotion over losing Branch?

Brady & Seymour .... well I wonder why? They are both guilt ridden...not that they lost a good player, they are used to that. they lost a real good guy and a real good friend because they couldn't wait for their $$$.

I will repeat...NO.

Brady is used to a certain comfort level. He's a perfectionist. He's working with guys who aren't perfect yet. But he's been there before, he just needs to take what BB is giving him...;)

FWIW they asked Jonathan about the story in the Post I think that Borges was harping on today that Deion was approached by a player high up in the pecking order (translate Tommy) and told last week that they were willing to work on a deal but only if he lost Chayut. I fully believe Tommy and Deion had that conversation. I also think hearing it repeated is what Tommy was talking about when he said he has learned his lesson about getting too caught up in a situation. And Jonathan said there is NO WAY the FO asked him to do deliver any message.

I think with this running game and a mostly solid defense save some loss of focus and attention to detail midway through what was almost a laugher through the first half, Tommy will be fine once he and all those new weapons get their timing down. They just got ahead of themselves today and tried to do some things they aren't quite ready to do in prime time. It will come.

No, I think Brady is in a rut right now and the Pats are getting their act together with the new personnel. They don't have a lot of receivers right now and other teams are hurting Brady with the blitz.

no....lets wait till the bye week and see..i expect the receivers to better after an extra week of adjustments and learning...

Branch was his friend. He knows it's business but.........................................

He's human. Plus he has to break in 3 new receivers and he doesn't like playing lousy.

That's it. That's all their is.

He may be human, but Brady is also a highly-paid professional who needs to start playing, thinking, and acting like a professional. I would also recommend backing of from the constant giving of interviews. Tom plays best when he is "part of", not when he is trying to carry the team, either on or off the field.

mac said:
He may be human, but Brady is also a highly-paid professional who needs to start playing, thinking, and acting like a professional. I would also recommend backing of from the constant giving of interviews. Tom plays best when he is "part of", not when he is trying to carry the team, either on or off the field.

I believe it's customary for the QB to give post game interviews.

I'm sure BB would like the new policy, as long as he didn't have to give interviews either.

No it's Troy Brown as #3 QB who haunts Brady's dreams, he knows he will be demoted before the season is over, while Troy leads the Pats to victory in the Super Bowl and goes on to be the winningest QB in NE history. Next year Tommy will be traded to Kansas City for three #1 picks and Trent Green.

i think your're right and was telling my wife, and explaining to her exactly what you mentioned, the fire is missing.

Brady has said himself that he is very emotional, and wears his heart on his sleeve. He cares very much about the game, the Pats, and his team mates.

Regardless of how it happened, who is at fault, or why, Brady appears to have a broken heart. Perhaps its missing Deion (and Willie), perhaps its the loss of his image of the perfect team, perhaps its a loss of faith in the FO and ownership, perhaps its all of the above, or something else.

If he is unable to 'just get over it', if he continues to play without fire, and passion, if its just going through the motions, what then ? Not everything that gets broken can be mended, and not everything mended is as good as new.

He is professional, and perfectionist enough not to want average to be his everyday reality and his legacy, even if his average is much better than the best of other QBs.

All we can do is wait and see what happens, and hope he can work it out.

SCPatBoy said:
Watching the last two games I just can't help but wonder if BB won the Battle with Branch, at the cost of making our Franchise and Star QB disenfranchised with the Franchise......I mean I will be the first to say that I supported BB/Pili 100% in the Branch ordeal. I did that though not knowing truly what Brady was really feeling. After seeing his passionless and erratic games the past two weeks, I can't help but wonder if Brady's convictions about wanting Branch back were stronger then everyone realizes. I mean I know what he said in the media, but I wonder if he fought hard to get Branch back and is now pissed about not having his favorite pass catcher back. Maybe he is trying to display his displeasure. I hope that it isn't the case and that it is just going to take some time to Gel, however people are kidding themselves if they can't tell that Brady is not himself right now! I'm not just talking about missing passes(Barely 50% for 2 weeks) I'm talking about the leadership and fire he has provided in th epast. Brady has always been the glue through it all and I just hope BB hasn't weakened that glue with the Branch deal...

I finally saw a whole game this season and yes, I agree with you about the passionless performance in parts of the game. I don't know what the reason for that was, but I was glad to see that Brady still was able to get that fire back at crucial points in the game, notably towards the end in the drive that ended with a blocked FG. In other parts of the game, specifically in the start of the second half, he did look a bit mentally tired. The spark didn't seem to be there. Fortunately he got back to his oldself just in time and we are now 2 and 0.

I hope this next game in Denver will be a catalyst towards seeing the Brady we know and love for the whole game instead of just parts of it. With that said though, the main reason the game got close was because of poor tackling especially on Coles' TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back