PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Seattle Deserve to Win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeSixPat said:
Nope - Seattle didn't deserve to win. They didn't deserve to be screwed over by the Refs, but they didn't deserve to win either.

SB champions overcome those things. Frankly, given the way both teams played, they BOTH should have been denied the Lombardi trophy.
:rocker: Reminds me of how Brady asked the question "can they both loose?" Came pretty darn close!!!!

PatsChick87 said:
:rocker: Reminds me of how Brady asked the question "can they both loose?" Came pretty darn close!!!!

Yeah, neither team distinguished itself and the winner is surrounded by chatter about poor play and even poorer officiating. Not exactly a great way to spend your first day as SB champions.

Last edited:
No Seattle did not deserve to win.

However, football fans across the country deserved to see the game played out on it's own with the the heavy hand of the officiating crew tilting it to one side or the other.

Had that phantom holding call not negated the reception at the 1 or 2 yard line for the Seahags, it could have made for an exciting ending to the biggest game of the year. Instead what we got was a snoozer filled with poor play, poor coaching, poor officiating, and a bitter taste about the integrity of the game.

Agreed. Refs should always call a good game, and since the best refs are at the SB, we should get the best reffing. Perhaps it is time to pay refs much more and hav this be their "real" jobs.

DaBruinz said:
The Hawks didn't deserve to win with all the mistakes that they made. But my beef isn't about whether or not the Hawks deserved to win. They deserved a fair chance in terms of the referees throwing flags. That is something they didn't get.

mgteich said:
Agreed. Refs should always call a good game, and since the best refs are at the SB, we should get the best reffing. Perhaps it is time to pay refs much more and hav this be their "real" jobs.

That is one of the suggestions in my petition. I hope that you signed it, MG.

Here it is in case you didn't :D

http://www.petitiononline.com/SBXL2006/petition.html

yes ! more then the Stillers.

Johnny Mac said:
I was looking for that rule. Thanks.

"A player will be ruled in bounds if he touches the pylon at the goal line before going out of bounds. For example, a pass would be considered complete if one foot touches the pylon and the other foot is in bounds."

I thought that was the rule too, and I think Al Michaels thought it was the rule too. But Madden was wrong and ABC dropped the ball probably on the strength of his comment. Just another 7 points taken away from the Seahawks. Not that it would have mattered, apparently. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
"A player will be ruled in bounds if he touches the pylon at the goal line before going out of bounds. For example, a pass would be considered complete if one foot touches the pylon and the other foot is in bounds."

I thought that was the rule too, and I think Al Michaels thought it was the rule too. But Madden was wrong and ABC dropped the ball probably on the strength of his comment. Just another 7 points taken away from the Seahawks. Not that it would have mattered, apparently. :rolleyes:

I didn't know the rule either, and am just beyond surprise at this point.

How many points were taken away? About 18 by my count, giving back the 4 points from the first TD that was taken away and ended up being a FG, 7 for what almost certainly would have been a go ahead TD with the phantom hold, and then this 7. Any more we are missing?

What a JOKE.

Last edited:
Even with all the scrutiny the refs are getting on ESPN, absolutely no one is mentioning that play. HELLO! This isn't a questionable penalty or inconclusive replay, it's a horribly blatant missed call that had a huge impact on the game.

I'm pretty sure the other foot not the foot that hit the pylon was out of bounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes