PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Rodney Harrison call us frauds???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
According to Peter King in his MMQB, under his top 15, he says strongest comments from Rodney harrison, the Patriots are frauds... But he has it after he ranks the bengals, did King screw up and mean the bengals..

I remember the comment last night, but I don't believe it was about NE. I thought they were showing steeler footage at the time so I put it on that team. I could be wrong though, I wasn't paying much attention at the time.

According to Peter King in his MMQB, under his top 15, he says strongest comments from Rodney harrison, the Patriots are frauds... But he has it after he ranks the bengals, did King screw up and mean the bengals..

Rodney was referring to the Saints. The reaction by Patrick and Dungy was visible. Rodney even looked for a second like "maybe I shouldn't have used that word." Then he stuck to his guns.

If gossip columnist and coffee nerd King wrote it that way, he just got it wrong. Big surprise. King is insufferable, always saying, "well I just talked to player so and so on the phone in the locker room."

Rodney was referring to the Saints. The reaction by Patrick and Dungy was visible. Rodney even looked for a second like "maybe I shouldn't have used that word." Then he stuck to his guns.

If gossip columnist and coffee nerd King wrote it that way, he just got it wrong. Big surprise. King is insufferable, always saying, "well I just talked to player so and so on the phone in the locker room."

I agree, but I just want to make sure if no one else heard it... I think though we would have heard something about this by now though...

He has it fixed now. It currently says Rodney called Bengals frauds.

Honest mistake. I think King writes these MMQB columns at some crazy time in the middle of the night.

He probably dropped some chilli on his article and the editor misread what he said

He has it fixed now. It currently says Rodney called Bengals frauds.

Honest mistake. I think King writes these MMQB columns at some crazy time in the middle of the night.

So that is the excuse for all the idiocy.

So that is the excuse for all the idiocy.

Certainly not all of it, but still -- the guy writes the most widely read Monday-Morning wrap-up column in the nation, and even if you factor out all of the page-eating nonsense about coffee and the rude guy next to him on the train, it's still got a seriously heavy word count for something mostly written after his last SNF TV appearance.

While I personally find his writing unreadably goofy, and his insights pretty much the definition of "conventional wisdom," he's one of the few remaining actual journalists among the NFL's national columnists. I forgive him his "I just got off the phone w/ so-and-so" posturing because he really doesn't get enough credit for actually going out and tracking down information that you couldn't already get with an NFL Sunday Ticket subscription.

Of course, I'm not saying you actually need to go out and read his column. I don't. But I give the guy props for doing what he does -- which is cater to the 90% of football fans who just want his superficial, storyline-only depth of coverage -- better than anybody out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes