Welcome to PatsFans.com

Did Rodney Harrison call us frauds???

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

According to Peter King in his MMQB, under his top 15, he says strongest comments from Rodney harrison, the Patriots are frauds... But he has it after he ranks the bengals, did King screw up and mean the bengals..

2. SoCalPatsfan90

SoCalPatsfan90 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I remember the comment last night, but I don't believe it was about NE. I thought they were showing steeler footage at the time so I put it on that team. I could be wrong though, I wasn't paying much attention at the time.

3. hyperpat

hyperpat Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Rodney was referring to the Saints. The reaction by Patrick and Dungy was visible. Rodney even looked for a second like "maybe I shouldn't have used that word." Then he stuck to his guns.

If gossip columnist and coffee nerd King wrote it that way, he just got it wrong. Big surprise. King is insufferable, always saying, "well I just talked to player so and so on the phone in the locker room."

4. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I agree, but I just want to make sure if no one else heard it... I think though we would have heard something about this by now though...

5. bigjunk1

bigjunk1 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He has it fixed now. It currently says Rodney called Bengals frauds.

Honest mistake. I think King writes these MMQB columns at some crazy time in the middle of the night.

6. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +257 / 5 / -1

fixed now...

7. MaxVonDoom

MaxVonDoom Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He probably dropped some chilli on his article and the editor misread what he said

8. sieglo

sieglo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0

So that is the excuse for all the idiocy.

9. lamafist

lamafist Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Certainly not all of it, but still -- the guy writes the most widely read Monday-Morning wrap-up column in the nation, and even if you factor out all of the page-eating nonsense about coffee and the rude guy next to him on the train, it's still got a seriously heavy word count for something mostly written after his last SNF TV appearance.

While I personally find his writing unreadably goofy, and his insights pretty much the definition of "conventional wisdom," he's one of the few remaining actual journalists among the NFL's national columnists. I forgive him his "I just got off the phone w/ so-and-so" posturing because he really doesn't get enough credit for actually going out and tracking down information that you couldn't already get with an NFL Sunday Ticket subscription.

Of course, I'm not saying you actually need to go out and read his column. I don't. But I give the guy props for doing what he does -- which is cater to the 90% of football fans who just want his superficial, storyline-only depth of coverage -- better than anybody out there.

10. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +257 / 5 / -1

Well, that explains a lot!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.