PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Pollard go after other players low???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Seems like I have been hearing about that...true?? Has anyone seen a replay and confirmed that?? Just curius that I have heard this...when it can be looked at and checked...If true, it's a lot different than if the hit on Brady was isolated...

one thing I noticed when watching the play again on the dvr, not the network replay which only shows the Brady hit, is that when he came in on the initial rush and Morris picked him up he cut straight at Morris knees. He made no attempt to engage high. That's the only time I even looked at him during re game....not saying it's illegal cause I have no idea if it is but that's what he did

OK..just curious..because I have heard that from some acquaintances...

I just watched the beginning of the game again to see the plays leading up to the "hit"

Four plays before the hit, Pollard came upon Maroney about 8 yards downfield. Two Chiefs were closing from Maroney's left side and Pollard from Maroney's front. Instead of manning up - Pollard dove low and hit Maroney just below the knee (same spot as he hit Brady) and Maroney fliped upside down and then hit the ground.
Three plays before the hit, Pollard came upon Moss again about 8 yards downfield. Moss had been tackled after a catch and was laying on his back when Pollard (close to a late hit) tried to spear Moss. He dove at Moss and attempted to put his helmet into Moss's helmet - but Moss raised up his leg up into the gut of Pollard and propelled Pollard higher and Moss took Pollard's gut to the head rather than Pollard's helmet. (Maybe this is why Moss was so vocal about "dirty play.")
The next two plays I couldn't locate Pollard on my TV.
On the "play" Pollard blitzed and upon seeing Morris he did what he did to Maroney (and Brady) and took Morris on just below the knees. Undercutting him.
I guess that is the only way he plays.
I remember when Harrison was put out for the season when he was "cut" on a tackle by a Titan and basically called him dirty and a woose for not manning up and tackling right.

God I wish we could somehow face the chiefs in the playoffs. They would need to have an ambulance on standby.

God I wish we could somehow face the chiefs in the playoffs. They would need to have an ambulance on standby.

Yeah right. Even if they did make it, injuring most of their starters would be doing them a favor, the scrubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes