PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Polian turn up the RCA heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never known what winning a superbowl felt like but i know it cannot surpass the feeling i had when we picked off Brady for the win.

Did someone take your milk moneywhen you were little,get beat up:confused:

You mean the classy Pat fans who made James Dungy jokes on the Indystar board after we lost to the Steelers? Oh yeah you guys are classy just like BB.

Sigh...banning is too good for this guy, who clearly ***** cows in retrospect.

I assume the Colts DID turn up the heat, and I think I can say that without being a spoiled whiner. I'm not saying they aren't allowed to do that with their home-field advantage. I'm just saying I think they did it.

Q: Did Polian turn up the RCA heat
A: Of Course.

I also wouldn't be shocked if he put something in the Pats water. Call me a sore loser if you like, I frankly don't give a s**t, Polian is the biggest scumbag in the NFL. I mean we're talking about a guy who had the rules changed (or reemphasized) so his team would benefit. If you think a guy with that total lack of character would hesitate to cheat you're dreaming in technocolor.

Now that being said the Pats did lose that game, no doubt about it. But to think Darth Polian wouldn't use every single dirty trick to get what he wanted is quite frankly naive.

Well,even if he did,same conditions for both teams...

Play better in the regular season and you don't have to worry about this stuff happening.

We got beat, simple as that.

Let's not whine about it.

It is not same conditions for both teams if the Colts are practicing in that dome with the heat cranked. Why can't the NFL take a look at setting standards for domes? As I recall, the NFL interfered with our home field advantage and made us resod several times. This is not the first time that there were allegations about NaPolian screwing with the climate control and audio systems in that dome. Something was surely up if the Colts were wearing early season mesh jerseys, ie they knew that the heat was going to be screwed with. No sour grapes and I congratulate the Colts on their win, but this has to be investigated since it goes as blatant cheating.

It is not same conditions for both teams if the Colts are practicing in that dome with the heat cranked. Why can't the NFL take a look at setting standards for domes? As I recall, the NFL interfered with our home field advantage and made us resod several times. This is not the first time that there were allegations about NaPolian screwing with the climate control and audio systems in that dome. Something was surely up if the Colts were wearing early season mesh jerseys, ie they knew that the heat was going to be screwed with. No sour grapes and I congratulate the Colts on their win, but this has to be investigated since it goes as blatant cheating.

That's a good point-they did make us fix our field to their liking-I really hope there is nothing to this story because karma is a ***** NaPolian.

Has there been any credible evidence they actually did naything? Maybe they always have worn their early season jerseys anyway?

If it was hot it was hot for both teams ... so it's a non issue.

Now ... this all brings back memories of dear departed Red Auerbach.

Notorious for turning off the hot water and heat in the visitors locker room after games and making it way hot before and during halftime. :rofl:

:rofl: Yes! Red was notorious for things like that,and BB has been notorious for messing with our old field on rare occasions:rolleyes: . Yes,both teams must play in those conditions but the Home team is better prepped for it,obviously. HFA,it is what it is. Had we gotten it this year,our only stadium-type advantage would have been the cold,as the field is no longer any fun in that regard lol.
But despite all that,I've never gotten the impression that Red or BB are viewed as "cheaters" and here's why. They are both proven winners,no matter what the conditions were and no matter where their teams played.
Nothing would surprise me as far as Polian goes-absolutely nothing.The Colts knew we had a flu thing,they knew the Pats were probably drained from SD,and they took complete advantage of it. We might have done the same. It's a non-issue imo,except that it just makes Polian look that much more desperate, devious,and ridiculous than he already did prior to Sunday,but that's because he's never been a winner.
Had the Pats worn light-weight jerseys would they have played better? Who knows. Would they have fared better in the cold? Probably,but cold weather was not an option.Hopefully next year it is.

The original post is absolutely ridiculous. I WAS AT THE GAME. It was not anything "like a sauna". Quit with the lame excuses, nancyboy.

I don't know where you sat, but I was sweating my nuts off in there. Granted I was in the last row of the stadium, but in '03 it was NOWHERE close to as hot as on Sunday

I'm not saying they DID turn up the heat, and that it's an excuse. Just that it was blazing in that dome.

Last edited:
LOL on the third one.

Are you serious about the second point? That is certainly interesting....I believe that Mike & Mike (ESPN radio) mentioned this morning about the Colts turning up the heat and how that could have affected the flu-ridden Pats more than the Colts.

In my opinion, that is what HFA is all about. So, no point complaining. Let's hope we play well enough next year to get the HFA throughout the playoffs.
Next year:

1. Win home field throughout the playoffs.

2. Bob Kraft pays to seed some clouds at the right place and time, producing a snowstorm at gametime. We know how that southern boy QB does in the snow. :bricks:

Belated, grudging congrats to Peyton. He proved he's no ARod, whom some people were trying to turn him into.

There ya go, 1960

Next year:
1. Win home field throughout the playoffs.
2. Bob Kraft pays to seed some clouds at the right place and time, producing a snowstorm at gametime. We know how that southern boy QB does in the snow. :bricks:
Belated, grudging congrats to Peyton. He proved he's no ARod, whom some people were trying to turn him into.

1. be the #2 or #1 seed. no question.
IMHO that involves upgrading the talent levels at LB and WR. i'm also dreaming of a monster safety to learn from rodney. that's hot stove talk up to ze draft.
2. i have no problem with dolts turning up the heat iin the RCA dome. it's their right as the home team. that tactic benefits the team thet has more depth and can rotate players without dropoffs. seems the dolts had more depth.
altho eric alexander is a valuable ST player, he's not up to playing from scrimmage. same with larry izzo. so let it be. need more strong, fast LBs. perhaps at the expense of some mediocre DBs.

to digress, i believe the temp's been pretty high in each of the dome SBs.

i remember red auerbach turning up the heat in the old Garden. the visiting teams' showers mysteriously had no hot water. there might have been a rat or two in there. nasty towels. if ya got the home site there's no shame in making the visiting team uncomfortable.

IMO, a road team in an AFC championship should not be at the mercy of the home team, but MUST control its own environment. set up a couple 3-4 trailers. do your own generator. assure yourself hot water, laundry, food, and an appropriate locker room temp.
prepare for heat: ACs on the sidelines, etc.
as for cramps, what happened to salt and forcing water?
3. i feel the same way about ol' peyton and the dolts. they finally broke thru.
but the road to the SB still has to go thru the patriots.
we need more talent. going into a season with $15-$20 million in cap room is not the way to win a championship.

Wonder if it was more than a coincidence that Polian and Irsay knowing that the Patriots players were tired from the previous game and many were overcoming the flu that making the temperature setting in the dome feeling more like Miami in September would cause those guys to wilt later in the game,I have seen several Colts games late in the season where no temperature problem existed.

Is it a clever designed plan to tire the Patriots out and were the Colts playing in practice to prepare for the unusual temps? -

Sounds a bit weird and maybe irrational but with Polian anything is possible in his fruitful attemps to shut the Dynasty down.

I don't know whether he did or didn't adjust the heat, but, otherwise, let's all spell h-o-m-e f-i-e-l-d a-d-v-a-n-t-a-g-e. Seems I remember the serendipitous appearance of a snow plow at the old Foxboro some years back and then there were those who argued that the Gillette Mud was an advantage for the Pats against super-fast offenses until it hurt us in the Jets game this year. Let's let this one go and be better losers than this!

Last edited:
No. I have been a season ticket holder for years and I have never seen so many fans in the seats an hour before the game. The heat always rises as the game progresses and this time everyone was pumped. Great game and nothing but respect to the Patriots and their fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back