PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Pats Steal Pittsburgs snap counts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the fact that if the Pats did indeed steal the counts, then why is it only Vrabel that gets a great jump?

Duh because he takes roids and is miked up.

What's the big deal here? Wilfork already talked about picking things up because Toothlessberger didn't make adjustments.

I didn't play a lot of ball, but isn't that what all defensive lineman do on every snap? I know in baseball you look for any 'tell' that will tip off a pitch.

As a side note is there really anyone in Pittsburgh who can actually read?

Last edited:
Talk about a rediculous article. It is the worst straw man argument I have ever heard.
I think you've confused your fallacies. This wouldn't be a "straw man", which requires putting words into someone's mouth in order to debate those words. This is more of the "affirming the consequent" fallacy.

I think you've confused your fallacies. This wouldn't be a "straw man", which requires putting words into someone's mouth in order to debate those words. This is more of the "affirming the consequent" fallacy.

Hm.... I had not heard of the "affirming the consequent" fallacy. You are correct. No words were put into anyone's mouth.

Hm.... I had not heard of the "affirming the consequent" fallacy. You are correct. No words were put into anyone's mouth.
The fallacy is:

If Vrabel was stealing signals, then he would be able to get a good jump.
Vrabel was able to get a good jump.
Therefore, he was stealing signals.

It doesn't allow room for other reasons why he would have gotten a good jump. I'm sure PatsFanInVA will be along shortly to clear up any error in logic on my part :)

Last edited:
How can you steal silent count signals there silent. And the Pitsburgh Post -Gazette is a 20-30 page rag of a paper.

That was a joke. No one thinks that.
The problem is that a lot of readers won't get it. They'll see steal and Patriots on the same page and immediately assume we're cheating. Irresponsible journalism.

Last year the NFL deemed that there is nothing wrong with deciphering snap counts, it's part of the game. Hell, it's even okay to use audio acquired from outside sources to do so. And regarding Kendall Simmons whining about Vrabel not being called for offsides: consider it even for the holding your linemates were doing on Vrabel throughout that game.

They could have called a hold every Vrabel rush in the second half. What does the snap count have to do with Vrabel just destroying the blocker assigned to him every play?

I can't wait for someone to accuse us of stealing their mojo

Nooo...
Vrabel is a VERY good pass rushing outside linebacker, whom I would guess loves to "stick" it to the team that never appreciated him.

Steal snap counts...these people have gone off the deep edge. If you can figure out the snap count (which I would question) then more power to you.

And let me add...the Steelers had no use for Vrabel in 2000...now they just need a reason to justify why he is so good and was so good against them.

Last edited:
Oh, I get it. If your offense is too stupid to change snap counts accuse the other team of stealing them! Ha Ha Ha

I didn't right the article and no one associated with the steelers made a single accusation about it. You can take as the light hearted humor it was or get your panties in a bunch. Your choice, but "frankly Charlotte, I don't give a damn."

The problem is that a lot of readers won't get it. They'll see steal and Patriots on the same page and immediately assume we're cheating. Irresponsible journalism.

Then they alone are the fools. Not you, me, the Pats or the Steelers.

I didn't right the article and no one associated with the steelers made a single accusation about it. You can take as the light hearted humor it was or get your panties in a bunch. Your choice, but "frankly Charlotte, I don't give a damn."

It's Scarlett not Charlotte :eek: I'm sure you knew that though. Was this your attempt at some more light hearted humor?

It's Scarlett not Charlotte :eek: I'm sure you knew that though. Was this your attempt at some more light hearted humor?

Yes it was. I hope you laughed. ;)

Yes I knew it was Scarlett, but I figured you'd 'get it'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey