PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did NFL run sting operation on Patriots to trigger deflate-gate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...ike-kensil-aka-the-ringleader-of-deflategate/

"So as the clouds part over Foxboro and it becomes obvious Deflategate was just a witch hunt conducted by sore losers one name has come to the forefront. The ringleader if you will. His name Mike Kensil. Who is that you ask? Well that’s exactly the same question I asked when I first heard his name mentioned to me 2 days ago from a source close to the Pats. They said look this guy up. Well it turns out he is the former President of the Jets. He was there when Belichick turned in his resignation to come to the Pats. He was there during Spygate. His friends will tell you that he obsesses over his hatred of the Patriots. That he swore 1 day he’s get back at Belichick for leaving him the lurch and sending the Jets into a downward spiral of ineptitude and ruining his career."

If we are to believe Belichick -- that the balls were submitted to the refs, the refs were told to set pressure at 12.5, and that the refs maintained possession until they were given to the ball-boys on the field; where the ball-boys would have zero chance of deflating without being caught on a camera --

then the nfl is massively at fault and someone in the nfl office should be held accountable for creating this entire controversy and putting a team that should be focused on the superbowl at a huge disavadvantage by having them be focused on this crap.
If people on youtube can do an experiment in 30 minutes, and bill can do one to show pressure drops in cold weather; then the nfl should've been able to run the same exact experiment during game time sunday or at the very least during Monday morning by simulating rain/cold/pounding

That appears to be the case, which is why I wrote this last week:

My question is, if the league was informed back in November, why wait until a completely unforseen Indy/NE playoff match up to do anything about it? Did Indy just hold onto that information and set up the "sting" the week prior to the game?

No matter how you slice it, either Indy or the league looks a whole lot worse than the Patriots to me.

no sting. just a former jets employee now working for the league acting on his own.

no sting. just a former jets employee now working for the league acting on his own.
I think it important to note that Kensil was also hand-picked by Goody, having worked with him at the Jets.

Last edited:
Kraft to Goodell: “It’s me or Kensil! Make a choice!” :)

I think it important to know that Kensil was also hand-picked by Goody, having worked with him at the Jets.

Was Kensil the one that was overheard congratulating the Favre-led Jets after they beat us in OT on a Thursday night in Foxboro? "I told you we could beat these guys!" Someone help me here.

If the Goodell knowingly allowed this (and I actually don't think he did - it's of course a DIFFERENT former Jets employer you're referring to) then there's going to be hell to pay for the NFL not checking the balls and/or allowing the game to be played with (slightly) under-inflated balls

If GOODELL allowed half a championship game to be played in those conditions then HE should be fired to protect the integrity of the game!

So let's just let them all twist in the wind and see what it's like to disprove a negative!

Physics has proven the Patriots not guilty as far as I'm concerned. But I would like to see those behind this false accusation be reprimanded.

If all the Kensil stuff is true, I'm going to say the forensics teams & Ted Wells etc were asked to be brought in by Kraft and NOT the league.

The league had squat on the Pats and knew what happened, so did Kraft. The league wanted to drop the case Friday but Kraft being a "protect the shield" guy did what protects the shield best - start something that will end with the rotten part of the league being amputated. That is the best way to "protect the shield".

/conspiracy.

Was Kensil the one that was overheard congratulating the Favre-led Jets after they beat us in OT on a Thursday night in Foxboro? "I told you we could beat these guys!" Someone help me here.

No that was mike tanenbaum

As much as I loathe the Jets -- and that's never been more true than now -- the person I want to punished above all is Chris Mortensen, who is now a repeat offender in making up Patriots-related headlines.

No that was mike tanenbaum

I could have sworn I remember a report on this site that said there was someone from the league who was celebrating with the Jets, not a Jets exec.

If all the Kensil stuff is true, I'm going to say the forensics teams & Ted Wells etc were asked to be brought in by Kraft and NOT the league.

The league had squat on the Pats and knew what happened, so did Kraft. The league wanted to drop the case Friday but Kraft being a "protect the shield" guy did what protects the shield best - start something that will end with the rotten part of the league being amputated. That is the best way to "protect the shield".

/conspiracy.

I was blasted for this but I really think Kraft has been silent b/c he is working behind the scenes.

The Pats are his baby. He cares about the league. He wants to leave a legacy.

Cleaning up the league is a great legacy to leave behind.

I was blasted for this but I really think Kraft has been silent b/c he is working behind the scenes.

The Pats are his baby. He cares about the league. He wants to leave a legacy.

Cleaning up the league is a great legacy to leave behind.
If Kraft and Belichick have been laying in wait lo these many years to nail Kensil and it comes to pass I am going to ice down a case of Schadenfreude for the Superbowl.

If Kraft and Belichick have been laying in wait lo these many years to nail Kensil and it comes to pass I am going to ice down a case of Schadenfreude for the Superbowl.

Ice up son!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots