PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Marshall Faulk really just say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was listening to Marshall Faulk on the NFL network when they were discussing the possibility of Randy Moss going to the Packers.

Here words were something like.....

"of course Brett wants Randy on the Packers. He hasn't had a receiver of his caliber since Andre Rison, and we all know what happened then: they won the Super Bowl!"

Are you kidding me?

Marshall is going to put Andre Rison ahead of Antonio Freeman, Donald Driver, Javon Walker and Robert Brooks?!?

Rison only joined the Packers after being CUT by the Jacksonville Jaguars, and he was no higher than third on the depth chart.

I was listening to Marshall Faulk on the NFL network when they were discussing the possibility of Randy Moss going to the Packers.

"of course Brett wants Randy on the Packers. He hasn't had a receiver of his caliber since Andre Rison, and we all know what happened then: they won the Super Bowl!"

Are you kidding me?

Marshall is going to put Andre Rison ahead of Antonio Freeman, Donald Driver, Javon Walker and Robert Brooks?!?

Rison only joined the Packers after being CUT by the Jacksonville Jaguars, and he was no higher than third on the depth chart.

Rison was a pretty good receiver, but nowhere near Moss's ability. He also burned Otis Smith in superbowl 31. Granted, Robert Brooks, Donald Driver, Antonio Freeman and Javon Walker were better receivers for Favre than Rison. However, if the Packers acquire Moss, they still have many holes on their team that needs to be addressed before crowning them superbowl champs.

Last edited:
Faulk's a complete dumbass.

Whenever he says anything, you always gotta remember to consider the source.

He's a very petty person.

always reluctant to give pats props cuz we beat his team and he's a small man.

This is why most players have no business playing GM.

Honestly, just because they're pro players doesn't mean they know jack about talent evaluation.

Most ex-player's who become announcers or analyst haven't the faintest clue what they're talking about, and most get hired on name recognition alone.

Watch when K. Faulk retires in a few years CBS will hire him, lol:)

Last edited:
I even e-mailed the NFL Network once to complain about Marshall Faulk. He is simply in over his head and doesn't belong there. He's either wrong about something or points out the obvious, and is both awkward and inarticulate. How and why he gets airtime on that show is a mistake that unfortunately keeps on giving.

The best part was when Faulk was asked if the Texans are close to challenging the Colts for the division and said (the idea is right, I'll get the words wrong) : "Yes I think they are close. But they're also a long way away".

Huh ?

Last edited:
Shannon Sharp is worse. I like Primetime because he's entertaining, but that boy don't know shi' either! LOL!

Last edited:
Did you guys know Ellis Hobbs was getting old and Eugene Wilson needed to play big against te Chargers? This is the crap that that network reports.

Did you guys know Ellis Hobbs was getting old and Eugene Wilson needed to play big against te Chargers? This is the crap that that network reports.

And you wonder why Nomah couldn't take it.

Are you kidding me?

Rison was good on Atlanta when Deion Sanders was there.

You guy even listen to Marshell Fualk:confused: :D :eek:

You guy even listen to Marshell Fualk:confused: :D :eek:

Oh, I thought you were referring to his comment that Jim Plunkett was a journeyman QB. They gave a list of Raider QBs over the last 25 years and Faulk said something to the effect of "other than Wilson, they are all Journeymen"
Plunkett played 16 years in the league had 25,000 yds, 2 Super Bowl wins, was 8-2 in the post-season and still ranks in the top 50 in NFL history in attempts, completions and yards. It's a miracle that he survived his first few years in NE without an O-line.
Perhaps Faulk ought to do his homework before he calls out someone as a 'journeyman"
Just my $0.02,

Last edited:
However, if the Packers acquire Moss, they still have many holes on their team that needs to be addressed before crowning them superbowl champs.

Yeah like QB.

I think you're selling Rison short. Rison was an elite WR in the league for his first few years before injuries and legal problems derailed him. I have no problem saying that Rison's best seasons were better than those other guys'.

Last edited:
Yeah like QB.

d%#*!@t, beat me to it. This ain't the mid-90s anymore people. Anyone that says Brett Favre is a good QB today should be shot in the face with bean bag bullets. His passing yards are inflated by the fact that he just throws the ball as far as possible at random, regardless of whether or not a receiver is open. His last two seasons, 38 TDs 47 INTs. He is Cal Ripken-ing his way into breaking the record for both TD passes and INT in a career, and killing GB in the process.

Its only a matter of time until Moss goes nuts on the press because Favre threw him the ball twenty times... with 8 of them being picked off ten yards short of where Moss was actually standing.

d%#*!@t, beat me to it. This ain't the mid-90s anymore people. Anyone that says Brett Favre is a good QB today should be shot in the face with bean bag bullets. His passing yards are inflated by the fact that he just throws the ball as far as possible at random, regardless of whether or not a receiver is open. His last two seasons, 38 TDs 47 INTs. He is Cal Ripken-ing his way into breaking the record for both TD passes and INT in a career, and killing GB in the process.

Its only a matter of time until Moss goes nuts on the press because Favre threw him the ball twenty times... with 8 of them being picked off ten yards short of where Moss was actually standing.

I think Favre has a secret bet going to see how long he can play terribly before Green Bay actually benches or cuts him.

He is Cal Ripken-ing his way into breaking the record for both TD passes and INT in a career, and killing GB in the process.

Hey, be careful! You start dissing St. Cal and you'll have Joe Buck and Tim McCarver leading hordes of angry, blood-thirsty Ripken idolaters chasing you with torches and pitchforks.

I think you're selling Rison short. Rison was an elite WR in the league for his first few years before injuries and legal problems derailed him. I have no problem saying that Rison's best seasons were better than those other guys'.

While I would not even put Rison's best days in the same class as Moss and Freeman's best days, I would imagine that would at least garner some debate, BUT..........

....the real key part of this argument was that Faulk was insuating that in getting Rison the Packers were getting an All-Pro receiver when in fact at the time he was a guy who got cut from a second year franchise. He wasn't even a starter on the Packers. To insinuate that Favre has never had a receiving target better than Rison at that point in his career is just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes