PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Maroney & Dillon get hurt ?? Is Cobbs gonna make the team ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't see the game out here in San Francisco. How come Maroney & Dillon didn't play that much ? I heard Dillon got poked in the eye, but what about Maroney ? I see he scored his first NFL TD, but the NFL stats shows he fumbled also, did BB punish him ? Also I see he had a 36 yard KO return, but hasn't played much. Cobbs seems to be tearing it up, you guys think he has made the team ? Two rookie RB's would be pretty amazing for a team that has Dillon & Faulk.

Dillon got poked in the eye according to BCN and I think they were up enough not to worry about Maroney. Cobbs should make it over Evans.

Last edited:
No news on Dillon. He left the game with an apparent "poke" in the eye. It didn't seem serious. Maroney played well - no problems there.

no he didnt punish him because he fumbled on opening kickoff when he went OB

Dillon got poked in eye..hes fine. Maroney was said to NOT be injured..maybe resting him or "we;ve seen enough" Cobbs has a shot of making team but Faulk is still playing well..could keep 2 QBs 4 RBs and 1 FB instead

I think they now know what Maroney is capable of, and they've always known what Dillon's capable of now that it appears he's fully healed. I think they just decided to give them some rest and let Cobbs and Evans battle it out for the final spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't get the game on TV here so I listed on 790thescore.com (Gil and Gino). They said in the 4th q that they checked on Maroney and he's fine. The only injury I heard about was Tebucky.

Murphys95 said:
No news on Dillon. He left the game with an apparent "poke" in the eye. It didn't seem serious.
Definitely seemed like not a big deal.

'Course, this is the Patriots, so Corey's eye could've been gouged out and ground into the turf, and they'd still only say he got "poked."

Gil and Gino said they checked on Maroney and that he was fine.

The report was that the Pats just really wanted to practice the two minute offense. And Faulk ownes that role!

sarge said:
Gil and Gino said they checked on Maroney and that he was fine.

The report was that the Pats just really wanted to practice the two minute offense. And Faulk ownes that role!

I suspected as much because Brady was passing out of the shotgun a lot of the time. Running did not seem like the top priority.

zippo59 said:
I suspected as much because Brady was passing out of the shotgun a lot of the time. Running did not seem like the top priority.

Right. In fact after Dillon was taken out, there was often nobody behind Brady. Maroney isn't worth risking in preseason. We're saving him for real games.

Looked like they were concentrating on 3rd down offense using different WR and TE sets, as well as looking at Faulk's role. Did not take Maroney not playing much, any other way as it is a long season, he has his timing down and let's keep him fresh for regular season.

I got the sense that once Dillon goes down, they just were being cautious with Maroney. You can't ge your 2 RBs hurt in the same preseason game.

I got that sense as well..Dillon poked in the eye..why play the vet?? Let him rest. I also thought they went with the hurryup after that and other sets with Faulk. I think it has to be Cobbs..he's a steal!! OK..he's inactive a lot of the time..so?? I don't wish to see a team like the Jets take him and have him come back against the team...RVBs ala Faulk are not easy to find.

Maroney fumbled on his opening kickoff return (was a good one) but it went out of bounds.

or even see Indy or Pittsburg pick up Cobbs....don't want to see it

scott99 said:
Unfortunately I can't see the game out here in San Francisco. How come Maroney & Dillon didn't play that much ? I heard Dillon got poked in the eye, but what about Maroney ? I see he scored his first NFL TD, but the NFL stats shows he fumbled also, did BB punish him ? Also I see he had a 36 yard KO return, but hasn't played much. Cobbs seems to be tearing it up, you guys think he has made the team ? Two rookie RB's would be pretty amazing for a team that has Dillon & Faulk.

Cobbs WILL make this team.Pass will go buh bye!

Patriots4Ever said:
Cobbs WILL make this team.Pass will go buh bye!

Why exactly are they going to cut Pass when they can just put him on PUP to start the season?

Faulk's presence in the game speaks volumes about Maroney's blitz pick-up. The biggest reason we didn't see Maroney in the second half was to reduce the probability of getting the quarterback hurt while working on the passing game.

Dryheat makes an excellent point. Is Maroney's ability to pick up the blitz up to par???? I tend to doubt it. I can't imagine the coaches are not working on that with him in practice.
I think putting him against TBC in practice should help make him better.

It also seemed to me that the run OL blocking was weaker with Koppen in there. Maybe he's not 100%.

Cobb must either be a ST demon or return threat man to have a shot at the roster. The bottom five on the roster have to be versatile to make it in the BB system.

dhamz said:
Why exactly are they going to cut Pass when they can just put him on PUP to start the season?

Exactly. To cut Pass they'd have to pay an injury settlement. But if they PUP him, they can have insurance if they need a healthy RB replacement for (God forbid) an injured RB at mid-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back