PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Manning Congratulate Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
.I still hate the image the media has built up of Peyton and Dungy though. :D

I still get a kick out of mediots who bag on Brady being a single dad (not living with the mother) as if he's the only guy in that situation in the world. :rolleyes:

Manning is waiting for a recount

I'm sure Brady's record will not be validated until Manning's blessing is bestowed.

I mean really, why do you care about this sort of thing?
"Kneel before Zod!"

While I don't particulary like "higher power" references in the sports world, I don't know that Dungy has called upon this much. Certainly after the SB he did, but for the most part, his post gamers are pretty secular.
Nah, I don't think he's that annoying day-to-day. His anti-gay comments bothered me as I have some close gay friends, and his holier-than-thou attitude on Spygate bothered me, but it's not like I want to go and punch the guy in the face or anything. I'd save that for Bill Polian.

come on, you can't deny the double standard.

maybe it's just because Marino's mark stood for a while and Manning's was just a few years ago, but i seem to remember a whole lot more hype for PM.

I remember having to watch every single one of his passes on ESPN on a loop (all 49! with the original radio calls) it was insane....Indy's radio dude made me dry heave ("THAT'S THE RECORD BREAKER!!!!!" will hopefully never be heard again)

I mean when stokley caught 49 it felt like they stopped the game, confetti fell from the rafters, Archie came out for a ceremonial embrace, Marino spoke on the jumbotron, and I believe Jim Nantz was actually in tears....

we break multiple records and get flagged for doing the tootsie roll :rolleyes:
and have chris collinsworth describe how the safety blew the coverage.

:bricks:

Just for the record (no pun intended) They didn't stop the game when Manning threw number 49, in fact he threw number 49 against the Chargers in the last minute or so of the game and it cut the lead to two points, no time for celebration, Manning had to rush them to the line for a two point conversion to tie the game, which they got and eventually went on to win the game.

I do understand where your all coming from though, it did seem like they made a much bigger deal out of it when Manning was trying to break the record, maybe because it has been along time ago that Marino threw 48. I think the fact that the pats were going for an undefeated season kind of overshadowed the indvidual records that were about to be broken.

Kind of the same thing happened when Bonds was going for the single season HR record, they didn't have near the hype when Bonds was going for the record like they did when Mqwire and Sosa were going for it..

Brady's record to me seem more impressive then when Manning did it because Brady had to play 15 out of 16 games outside and at times very crappy weather. Hats off to Brady and the Pats for a great season.

I realize you were probably being sarcastic about stopping the game.

Last edited:
Manning won't congratulate Brady until the camera crew arrives at Peyton's mansion. (Those relief packages would never had made it to the Katrina victims if Channel 7 News hadn't arrived at the airport in time for the plane to land. Supposedly Archie was on the radio talking to the airtraffic controllers asking if the the camera crews were ready. Ely was asking where his binky was.) :)

LOL, exactly, what were the anti gay comments?
I don't want to turn this into a whole political thing - not the right place, so I'll post the quote and then I'm done discussing it.

[Regarding the ban on gay marriage] “I appreciate the stance they’re taking, and I embrace that stance.” -Dungy.

When they all retire, I expect that the colts and patriots of this decade will re-live old memories for generations, likely on fishing trips.

Doubtful. Since Brokeback Mountain came out, Dungy has counseled his players and youths against the dangers of fishing trips.

So why the nationally televised congrats when Manning broke Marino's record? That's all I'm saying.

Because Marino was a show host and had been drilled about it since about midpoint in the season. People were constantly poking him for a reaction. What choice did he have? TB and PM are Super Bowl winners and Marino is not. The record meant more to DM, it was all he had. T & P are above these types of pointless attention geting media charades.

Just for the record (no pun intended) They didn't stop the game when Manning threw number 49, in fact he threw number 49 against the Chargers in the last minute or so of the game and it cut the lead to two points, no time for celebration, Manning had to rush them to the line for a two point conversion to tie the game, which they got and eventually went on to win the game.

I do understand where your all coming from though, it did seem like they made a much bigger deal out of it when Manning was trying to break the record, maybe because it has been along time ago that Marino threw 48. I think the fact that the pats were going for an undefeated season kind of overshadowed the indvidual records that were about to be broken.

Kind of the same thing happened when Bonds was going for the single season HR record, they didn't have near the hype when Bonds was going for the record like they did when Mqwire and Sosa were going for it..

Brady's record to me seem more impressive then when Manning did it because Brady had to play 15 out of 16 games outside and at times very crappy weather. Hats off to Brady and the Pats for a great season.

I realize you were probably being sarcastic about stopping the game.

No doubt. Peyton was definately more glorified and with curious reason. The record had stood for 20 years. Compare the roid boys Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds. Same thing, when McGwire hit 62 the media coverage was 10 times greater then when Bonds hit 71. The timing between years is what set the coverage apart. Achievements of everything we do become greater over periods of time and sometimes exxagerated.

For what it is worth though,Brady is the single season record holder for TD's in a season. As is the cheater Bonds in Hr's.

I know for a FACT that Brady and Manning are excellent friends and spend a lot of time together in the offseason. A guy I know sold a timeshare to them that they went halfsies on up in beautiful Gary, Indiana (home of the Jackson 5). Here they talk about some of their more historic games while sharing Ecto Cooler and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

I know for a FACT that Brady and Manning are excellent friends and spend a lot of time together in the offseason. A guy I know sold a timeshare to them that they went halfsies on up in beautiful Gary, Indiana (home of the Jackson 5). Here they talk about some of their more historic games while sharing Ecto Cooler and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.

:rofl: You had me going until you started talking about "beautiful" Gary, Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back