PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Mangini learn anything here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ConGrats Pat fans on signing Randy Moss, he truly is the freak.

Now I don't know if I am just a blind homer or if you guys are just complete hater's I imagine it's a little of both.

Any way I will just say it, as a Jet fan I am ecstatic with the FA signings thus far by the Jets. I am sorry to see Vilma and D-Rob go, especialy Vilma, both guys have lots of talent but were playing out of position in the 3/4, I wish them both much success.

Jets overpaid I agree, especialy for Woody and Pace.
That's the way things are now with the new cap, sucks but we have to get use to it.

Jets filled needs and now are in a position to go best available player at #6 or trade back.

No doubt these moves are a gamble by Tangini. After seeing the cross town rivals and an AFC east team in the SB and Parcells in Miami, The Jets have to do something to rebuild one of the least talented teams in the NFL faster then by just doing it thru the draft.

Way to go Tannenbaum and Mangini, well done.

Add Faneca to the overpaid list, as well.

====================================
He is a very rich man now.

Do you think it was a bad signing by the Jets (Faneca).

i think mangini is so upset that he sucks hes trying to prove the bill belichick method dosnt work, and its not working to well for him. :singing:

Most reports claim that he's been in decline for 2 years now, and the Jets definitely overpaid for a guard. However, it's possible that a change of scenery will reverse his decline and help him bounce back to his earlier level of play.

The Jets have made 4 major moves since the start of free agency (give or take):

Jenkins - overweight, injured, not a 3-4 NT in his NFL career
Faneca - in decline, malcontent, clearly overpaid
Pace - one year wonder, 4 year bust
Woody - center by nature, now possibly moving to tackle, overweight, underwhelming for years

And yet, despite all the warts on these players, Jets fans are thrilled and think they've significantly improved their team. What's more, they might be right, and we won't know until the games start. And that's the great thing about sports.

Way too much money spent on an offensive guard.

i think mangini is so upset that he sucks hes trying to prove the bill belichick method dosnt work, and its not working to well for him. :singing:
Mangini needs to start drafting defensive lineman in the first round before he disspells the Belichick methodology.

Most reports claim that he's been in decline for 2 years now, and the Jets definitely overpaid for a guard. However, it's possible that a change of scenery will reverse his decline and help him bounce back to his earlier level of play.

The Jets have made 4 major moves since the start of free agency (give or take):

Woody - center by nature, now possibly moving to tackle, overweight, underwhelming for years

And yet, despite all the warts on these players, Jets fans are thrilled and think they've significantly improved their team. What's more, they might be right, and we won't know until the games start. And that's the great thing about sports.

===================================

See thats the homer in me, you see.

I see.

Faneca - 30 year old (O line guys play easily till 35) 7 time probowler, Nasty dude with attitude to mentor a young D-Brick and Mangold. a top 5 guard.

You see.

I see.

Pace -A former 1st rounder in his prime with the perfect size and skill set to be a premeir 3/4 OLB..

You see.

I see.

Jenkins- Former pro bowler, not coming off injury, and consider a few years ago to be a top DT in the league, only 28 and 6'4" 350

You see.

I see.

Woody- Has to be better then Clement and the other lumps we had at RT last year.

2007 I see 4-12 with two "wins" over the pathetic porpoise carcasses..

2008 YOU see "J-E-T-S...JETS JETS JETS!!! SUPER BOWL BABY!!"...is THAT about it?

2008 YOU see "J-E-T-S...JETS JETS JETS!!! SUPER BOWL BABY!!"...is THAT about it?
I wouldn't go that far but the picture a lot of you are painting are that everyone we signed and traded for will either suck, turn into a bust, be on the decline or be killed by the injury bug.

===================================
Well it is the off season, So I always hope for good season coming up.

I am hoping for a wild card spot.:)

I'm glad you're so optimistic...after 40 straight years of heartwrenching disappointement you sure have earned the right to be a tad disillusioned, but that ol' "never say die until Kotite does" attitude really keeps it fresh, eh?

OK...suppose, wonder of all wonders, the Jets DO hit on every single FA move they made...where does that leave you at QB? You know...the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON A FOOTBALL TEAM????? You can't seriously be considering a run with 2nd year Clemens under center...or are you still a HUGE FAN of the heroic Glass Wristington and his avalanche of 5 yard wobble ducks? heh....good luck with THAT dreamscape. And then there's the festering Coles issue....funny....I NEVER see one of you Jet fans EVER approach THAT topic. Maybe the Jets hit a home run 1-7 in the draft....maybe pigs will sprout wings and fly to the moon.

I'll remain distantly skeptical until I SEE different....but by all means, if beating that Jet drum and tooting that tuba rocks your socks, have at it. Just don't ask Woody or Jenkins for an autograph...they might EAT your hand.

I'm glad you're so optimistic...after 40 straight years of heartwrenching disappointement you sure have earned the right to be a tad disillusioned, but that ol' "never say die until Kotite does" attitude really keeps it fresh, eh?

OK...suppose, wonder of all wonders, the Jets DO hit on every single FA move they made...where does that leave you at QB? You know...the MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON A FOOTBALL TEAM????? You can't seriously be considering a run with 2nd year Clemens under center...or are you still a HUGE FAN of the heroic Glass Wristington and his avalanche of 5 yard wobble ducks? heh....good luck with THAT dreamscape. And then there's the festering Coles issue....funny....I NEVER see one of you Jet fans EVER approach THAT topic. Maybe the Jets hit a home run 1-7 in the draft....maybe pigs will sprout wings and fly to the moon.

I'll remain distantly skeptical until I SEE different....but by all means, if beating that Jet drum and tooting that tuba rocks your socks, have at it. Just don't ask Woody or Jenkins for an autograph...they might EAT your hand.
no one says were making a run at the SB this year just maybe a shot at the playoff. Whats so farfetched w/ that? an easier schedule plus better talent at key positions and you make it sound like our fan base has us dethrowning the Pats. I could spin it and ask why does every pat fan feel the need to note how every single guy we added this offseason will suck? I guess only top contenders are allowed to be excited then right, since I obviously have 0 reason to

Last edited:
dethrowning

in the words of the anti-Christ, Vincent Carcardia in True Romance...you're sayin' nothin' but you're tellin' me everything

you see, by that classical Freudian slip, I can tell you not only think the Jets will dethrone the Pats, but you would really like if they drowned too...your suppressed anger and rage is noted...carry on.

==================================

Thats a great post, serious, you are very funny.

Hey I am a Jet fan what do you want?

The Jets won 4 last year. With these moves, somehow getting an impact skill player on offense in the draft, and competent quarterback play, I could see them winning 8 or 9. It's not impossible. They might have overpaid in the longterm but each replaced starter is undeniably worse than the new aquisition.

Don't forget we all play the hideous NFC West and not so good save one team AFC West. And their other AFC games are Cincy and Tennessee. Hardly an overwhelming schedule.

Last edited:
dethrowning

in the words of the anti-Christ, Vincent Carcardia in True Romance...you're sayin' nothin' but you're tellin' me everything

you see, by that classical Freudian slip, I can tell you not only think the Jets will dethrone the Pats, but you would really like if they drowned too...your suppressed anger and rage is noted...carry on.

First off why wouldn't I be happy if we won the division an dethrowned the Pats next year? Thinking of the jets winning the division next year has never ever crossed my mind. I just want a solid 10-6 year and a playoff berth, Im sorry for any excitment I have towards my team improving;)

I wouldn't go that far but the picture a lot of you are painting are that everyone we signed and traded for will either suck, turn into a bust, be on the decline or be killed by the injury bug.

There's nothing wrong at all with your take. Really, it all comes down to which version of each player is closer to the one that plays for the Jets this season, which other players step up, and what the Jets can get out of the quarterback position. My current estimate for the Jets is between 7-9 and 9-7, although the 'season' has barely begun and things can change in a hurry.

NP: "Missing The Joke Entirely"....by Man and His Flock Of Genii

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
de·throne /diˈθroʊn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[dee-throhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -throned, -thron·ing.
1. to remove from a throne; depose.
2. to remove from any position of power or authority.

Now dethrowning..while not actually a real word used on Planet Earth, does serve the purpose of illustrating the point I was "trying" to make in the aforementioned post , that is, the subconscious Jet fan primal need to not only depose the King but drown him as well. I hope that clears things up for you, Man Called Burro..oh...excuse me again, I was just taking liberty with your handle and sort of referencing Man Called Horse starring Richard Harris...please...don't kill me...

There's nothing wrong at all with your take. Really, it all comes down to which version of each player is closer to the one that plays for the Jets this season, which other players step up, and what the Jets can get out of the quarterback position. My current estimate for the Jets is between 7-9 and 9-7, although the 'season' has barely begun and things can change in a hurry.

Thats where I am right now. i think 8-8 is where were slated for as of now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill