PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Lebron anger the Boston media?

BadMoFo

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Give me a break.

From the FanMedia link at SI.com this morning:

Did LeBron anger Boston media?

NBA commissioner David Stern refused to put his foot down when it comes to the dancing Cavaliers. During a pre-playoff conference call with reporters on Monday afternoon, Stern was asked about the Cavs' celebratory performance during Sunday's blowout victory over visiting Boston. According to a transcript of the call, Stern was asked, "Is there some way of dealing with LeBron James, who danced on the sidelines yesterday? It was an embarrassment towards the Boston Celtics, and approaching the playoffs where emotion tends to run high?" "I missed that dance, but I think celebrations by our players do have a place," Stern said. "If I were the Celtics, I would make sure that that tape, if it exists, runs every game in the locker room as a sort of motivation. I wouldn't spend my time telling our players about that. "Although I don't know the specific instance, and sometimes you can go over the line. I don't know if he did or didn't at this time." In a follow-up the reporter stated that "it looked like a way to provoke the other team." "I certainly wouldn't want to provoke the Celtics," Stern said. "I think perhaps it was just over-exuberance at the time."(Cleveland Plain Dealer)

If I were the Celtics, I would make sure that that tape, if it exists, runs every game in the locker room as a sort of motivation.

Damn straight.

the celtics arent going anywhere without KG at 100 percent. they can watch all the tape they want and its not going to help.

the celtics arent going anywhere without KG at 100 percent. they can watch all the tape they want and its not going to help.

They can go to the ECF but they can't beat the Cavs without KG.

I didn't get to see the game, but did it have this "rub it in your face" feel more than Donovan McNabb's dance on the sidelines when the Eagles were blowing out the Cowboys in the last weekend of the '08 reg season?

Here we go Bruins, here we go!!

Just be happy they won it all last year is all I can say. We all knew when the trades went down it was going to be a small window, I hope this is not just the tip of the iceberg with the health of the big three, just like Mchales foot was the tip of the iceberg back in the day.

Regarding the dancing and celebrating; great, you beat a team that had the #2 seed wrapped up and didn't care at that point and also was missing one of it's best players.

No wonder why Cleveland hasn't had a champion in any sport since the 1950's.

What a joke of a sports town Cleveland is; actually, a joke of a town period.

Reminds me of the great Larry Bird story from the 80's; the Celtics played the "Cadavers" as they used to be called in the playoffs and were up 3 zip and lost game 4 of the series in Cleveland back when the format was 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 and some moron says to Bird as he's walking off the court "Hey Larry, we'll see you back here in game six!!" to which Larry says "You've got a better chance of seeing God" and how right he was as they demolished Cleveland in game 5 on their way to another banner.

Last edited:

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back