Welcome to PatsFans.com

Did Judy Miller know in advance about 9/11...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, May 18, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -26

Interesting article with interview with Judy Miller, according to her she was tipped off, reported it to the Times, however they did not publish the article... the conspiracy theorists will have a ball with this one..

http://alternet.org/story/36388/

"But I did manage to have a conversation with a source that weekend. The person told me that there was some concern about an intercept that had been picked up. The incident that had gotten everyone's attention was a conversation between two members of Al Qaida. And they had been talking to one another, supposedly expressing disappointment that the United States had not chosen to retaliate more seriously against what had happened to the Cole. And one Al Qaida operative was overheard saying to the other, 'Don't worry; we're planning something so big now that the U.S. will have to respond.'

"And I was obviously floored by that information. I thought it was a very good story: (1) the source was impeccable; (2) the information was specific, tying Al Qaida operatives to, at least, knowledge of the attack on the Cole; and (3) they were warning that something big was coming, to which the United States would have to respond. This struck me as a major page one-potential story.

"I remember going back to work in New York the next day and meeting with my editor Stephen Engelberg. I was rather excited, as I usually get about information of this kind, and I said, 'Steve, I think we have a great story. And the story is that two members of Al Qaida overheard on an intercept (and I assumed that it was the National Security Agency, because that's who does these things) were heard complaining about the lack of American response to the Cole, but also … contemplating what would happen the next time, when there was, as they said, the impending major attack that was being planned. They said this was such a big attack that the U.S. would have to respond.' Then I waited.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

Clinton didn't do anything about "The Cole" because he didn't want to offend "The Muslims Or Hollywood"

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

That isn't "knowing in advance about 9/11". To say someone knew in advance, to me, means that they know that they'll be using planes as weapons and know the flight numbers. Then they can stop it. Merely knowing that "something big is planned" isn't enough. What is the government supposed to do, tell everyone to stay home for a week and hopefully the threat will go away ? People would just roll their eyes at the government saying that, especially pre 9/11.
  4. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

They knew something was coming, but it doesn't say what.
  5. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I think it would be hard for any President with only 3 months left in office to organize a major offensive against an enemy. Plus it was against a legitimate military target overseas, as opposed to attacking civillian structures (in the US) and killing 3000 people (mostly civilians).
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

If they knew the attack was coming, if they strip searched every dark skinned person in all airports across the country, if they evacuated the World Trade Center, if they put the National Guard on the street in all major city's and if George Bush went on TV and told the world that an attack was coming this is what would have happened.

3000 people that are now dead would be alive, the Twin Towers would still be standing, there would have been no 9/11.

The Democrats would have had George Bush put in an Insane Asylum.

Every Democrat in Washington would have set themselves on fire Screaming, Racism, Discrimination, Crazy President, Impeachment, and they would have wanted the whole Bush Family EXILED from America forever.

We never would have known, would we?
    Last edited: May 18, 2006
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Thus, Bush ignored Bin Laden altogether despite memos and official warnings.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

Good, Harry. I think we agree. Had Bush done what was right, 3000 people would be alive, but Bush would be in the insane asylum. He should have done what was right -- that was his job. Instead, he acted to protect himself, not the American people.
  9. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

How do you know that he knew?
  10. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Please explain that? I would love to know how acted to protect himself and not us?
  11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +436 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

So let's say Bush shuts down the country for a week. If he doesn't know what's going to happen, how does he stop the attack a week, two weeks or a month later. Or should we have shut down the country forever ?
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

The Liberal Bush Haters always bring this up, do the Haters really believe that Bush should have flown back to Washington then gone out into the Rose Garden and waved his arms screaming "Here I am, I am the President, Kill Me"

The minute a country is under attack the Leader of that Country is HIDDEN, they don't even get his permission they HIDE HIM FROM THE ENEMY, they hid Bush because they had no idea what was coming next, they didn't even know who to trust in our own Government, Jesus H Christ.

I can't believe all you "Graduates" can't figure that one out, God I'm glad I never got out of Grammer School.
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

Absolutely. And I bet every other president in the history of our nation would have had the guts to do so. Bush needed to fly back to the White House and look the terrorists in the eye to establish the fact that we're not afraid. But, Harry, he was afraid. It was a disgrace.

The President is the CiC. If something happens to him, we have a line of succession. But, it's the President's job to lead, and sometimes it's dangerous to lead. When's the last time you can think of a U.S. President cowering because of fear of attack? Bush even waited 4 days before going to NYC. The guy's a wimp, and he's unfit to be CiC, let alone president.
  14. Patters

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

I think this was Harry's point, not mine. Harry seemed to say that Bush could have stopped the attacks had he taken such action, and if that's true then he should have done it, regardless of the personal consequences to his reputation.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is another loony lefty load of crap. When the country is in a crisis (and you do agree September 11 was a crisis, don't you..?) there is absolutely NOTHING more important than maintaining proper order, displine and, most importantly, maintaining the chain of command within a fully functioning government. We had no idea if there was going to be another wave of attacks, an assassination attempt, bombings, or whatever.

That's why every single contingency our country has ever had since the 50's to today involves first and foremost securing the President, the Vice President, certain members of the cabinet and the top military brass into command and control centers where they are both safe and able to co-ordinate our response.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

Of course he should have taken action IF HE KNEW and he would have, Bush doesn't give a sh!t what those damn democrats would have thought, he sticks it to them everyday.

My point was if Bush did know and he did what had to be done to stop the attack the b astard democrat sore losers would have claimed he was nuts and a racists because the attack would never have happened and the Hater Democrats would have said the Muslim Terrorists never planned on attacking, do you think Uncle Teddy & Pelosi would have given Bush credit for stopping the attack, they would have said there was no plan for an attack. They would of said "bush was lying for Haliburton"

Hatred has turned the once great Democratic Party into a party of SCUM.

How would we have known, there would have been no attack.

I am a Grammer School dropout and I have never been more proud of it since I have witnessed the destruction of the Democratic Party.
    Hatred is driving them all insane.
  17. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thank you for making the above statement. You do a far better job of humiliating yourself than any of us could do to you when you make statements like the above.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +547 / 2 / -9

The problem is, most liberals think like that, they really believe the President Of The United States should have put a target on his chest and told the enemy where he was.
    Liberals have never heard about Motorola, they can't comprehend that the White House Office goes where the President Goes, they try to make you believe that Bush went out and hid in a cave in the Rocky Mts.

Bush can run the country from a tent in the middle of Death Valley.

THE WHITE HOUSE TRAVELS WITH HIM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005
  19. Patters

Ratings:
    +190 / 4 / -6

Do you expect a response to a comment that says absolutely nothing? My point is that Bush cowered on 9/11. We needed leadership, but we didn't get it from him until 4 days later, when he went to the WTC. Millions of people stayed in Washington, DC and New York during those four days. They might have been afraid, but they weren't cowards. Bush hid. I thought it was disgraceful. For those four days, the terrorists had Bush and his administration running scared.
  20. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It is "Judith" Miller and not Judy Miller.

I find Ms. Miller certainly an enigma.

A long-time reporter with the liberal New York Times, Ms. Miller had recently switched side and now write for the conservative Wall Street Journal.

So was she a "closet" conservative all those years with the NYT?

Was her reportings on the WMD and the Iraq war tainted by her political predilection?