PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did I just hear "The players don't really like [BB]" AGAIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymour93

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Bill Plaschke, LA Times columnist and Around the Horn commentator, called BB a jerk and said, "His players don't really like him." Plaschke lays all of our success on Brady's shoulders. I swear I just heard this. Was anybody else watching?

Last edited:
Bill Plaschke, LA Times columnist and Around the Horn commentator, called BB a jerk and said, "His players don't really like him." Plaschke lays all of our success on Brady's shoulders. I swear I just heard this. Was anybody else watching?

Yea, i just saw and heard that too. Like this guy knows what hes talking about. I bet the players would LAUGH at that!

Yea, i just saw and heard that too. Like this guy knows what hes talking about. I bet the players would LAUGH at that!

Ohh but he said he was at San Diego and saw it first hand. Plaschke must be right. Let's email him and and get more details. I want to hear more about the jerk, BB, from an expert like Plaschke.

[email protected]

Ohh but he said he was at San Diego and saw it first hand. Plaschke must be right. Let's email him and and get more details. I want to hear more about the jerk, BB, from an expert like Plaschke.

[email protected]

Yea id like to know what he "saw". At least he was the first to get cut.

Plaske is an idiot....he's always the worst person when he makes an apperance on that show. What do you expect a guy to say when he is from southern cali and just saw the chargers playing golf!

Plaschke must have been with Mike Vick in Miami

Well i emailed him...let's see if he responds!

They may hate him (right now). He drives them hard makes them work until they get it right.

Think of that teacher you had in school that was always the hardest one you had. You hated them while you were their student but once you were out of the their 5-10 years you grew to appreciate the person.

They say alot of Parcells' ex-Giants hated him too when they were playing for him but have grown to respect them and as can be seen alot of them follow him from team to team.

Last edited:

cant be funnier..
one show in the morning cold pizza says brady is overrated

another show says brady is carrything team...these guys are like the afternoon soap shows.

They may hate him (right now). He drives them hard makes them work until they get it right.

Think of that teacher you had in school that was always the hardest one you had. You hated them while you were their student but once you were out of the their 5-10 years you grew to appreciate the person.

They say alot of Parcells' ex-Giants hated him too when they were playing for him but have grown to respect them and as can be seen alot of them follow him from team to team.
I think "hate" is too strong a word, but I think something like this is probably true. Belichick is not supposed to be friends with these guys, he's the head coach. They may not have warm and fuzzy feelings for him, but I can guarantee you they respect him.

This might already have been posted, but here was the SI players poll a few weeks back on which coaches were the hardest/easiest on their players.

Hardest:
Bill Parcells, Cowboys.....34%
Tom Coughlin, Giants.....30%
Nick Saban, Dolphins.....11%
Bill Belichick, Patriots.....9%
Marty Schottenheimer, Chiefs.....2%
Bill Cowher, Steelers.....2%
Jon Gruden, Bucs.....2%
Rod Marinelli, Lions.....2%
Eric Mangini, Jets.....2%
John Fox, Panthers.....1%

Easiest:
Tony Dungy, Colts.....28%
Herm Edwards, Chiefs.....13%
Brian Billick, Ravens.....11%
Dennis Green, Cardinals.....6%
Mike Shanahan, Broncos.....6%
Jim Mora Jr., Falcons.....4%
Lovie Smith, Bears.....3%
**** Jauron, Bills.....3%
Jon Gruden, Bucs.....2%
Andy Reid, Eagles.....2%

In one of Brady's recent pressers, he said of BB, 'There's no coach I'd rather play for."

Sounds like he haaaaates him.:rolleyes:

Tom Jackson said the same thing whenever this team got shut out the week before, just lost one of their perceived leaders, and had only won one SB. Fast forward three and a half years later, add two more SB's to the mix with the team deep into the playoffs once again, and we have the same false statements coming from a mouth at the same network.

Can he read the players' minds all the way from his comfy seat in the press box? We need more details. I've already politely asked him to explain through email.

I think to be a great coach at the pro level, you have to have your players hate you a little bit. Why is that a bad thing? You hate and fear your coach, you many times play harder because you don't want to be in the doghouse.

Everyone on the Pats loved Pete Carroll and **** McPherson when they coached. What did that get us? The team was probably never more out of control then they were under their reigns.

You go back in time and you would find out players hated Lombardi, Halas, and other Hall of Fame coaches. They still respected the hell out of them though. These coaches got the most out of these players. That's the way I see Belichick.

Brady said it best. He said that if a player wants the love and praise of his coach, don't come to the Patriots. But if you want to win, this is the team you want to play for.

I suppose he thinks we should bring back Pete Carroll.

LOL.

Just laugh guys, dont take this moron seriously. I decided to stop watching anymore ESPN shows, they just get me irratated when they annoy me about the Patriots. **** them, all of them.

Last edited:
I think to be a great coach at the pro level, you have to have your players hate you a little bit. Why is that a bad thing? You hate and fear your coach, you many times play harder because you don't want to be in the doghouse.

Everyone on the Pats loved Pete Carroll and **** McPherson when they coached. What did that get us? The team was probably never more out of control then they were under their reigns.

You go back in time and you would find out players hated Lombardi, Halas, and other Hall of Fame coaches. They still respected the hell out of them though. These coaches got the most out of these players. That's the way I see Belichick.

Brady said it best. He said that if a player wants the love and praise of his coach, don't come to the Patriots. But if you want to win, this is the team you want to play for.

Has any Pat ever came out and said anything to suggest they don't like him personally? I don't think so. Usually it's just the opposite. Ask Brady.

he said BB yells at his players and brady acts as the ambassdor ..he tried it in cleveland and didnt work becos brady was not there.....he ended by saying the funniest line..
"this is tom brady's team not belichick's" :rofl: ...go ask deion branch why brady didnt keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes