PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did I Give Up on Gore too Quickly?

WTE

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I just offered Gore for Brett Favre and it was accepted.

The reason? I need help at QB. I currently have Bulger and Matt Schaub and don't feel great about either as my starter. Meanwhile, I still have Addai, Adrian Petersen (Minn.), Lamont Jordan and just brought in D Rhodes for the future.

What do you think? Stupid trade by me or is it a good move given my depth at RB?

Last edited:
Well I think that your depth is great at RB but I would be a little worried about Peterson because he is a rookie and C. Taylor (the vet that was supposed to get most of the carries) hasn't played and there is no indication of him getting healthy anytime soon. The one thing I would be worried about is Peterson hitting the "rookie wall." Whereas you know Gore won't wear down but his injury issues.

As far as Favre, my only question is; is this the Favre that will be around all season or will he go back to Favre the INT machine?

Although Favre plays in the NFC North with the Vikes and Lions who both have terrible pass D's and the Bears D is really injured right now too. So I think that is a HUGE plus for Favre.

Last edited:

The reason? I need help at QB. I currently have Bulger and Matt Schaub and don't feel great about either as my starter. Meanwhile, I still have Addai, Adrian Petersen (Minn.), Lamont Jordan and just brought in D Rhodes for the future.

What do you think? Stupid trade by me or is it a good move given my depth at RB?
If you're limited to starting 2 RBs max then it's not a bad trade, although very unconventional. Addai and Jordan should be starting every week and Gore's output wouldn't be significantly better than either of them. I don't trust Favre, but he is hot and maybe is truly rejuvenated. The alternative is to go with Bulger who is missing Pace and has bad ribs (lousy combo) or Schaub who needs to prove consistency.

Regards,
Chris

I like Gore. Considering the Depth, I think you will be alright. Bulger isn't healthy, and Shaub has Andre johnson not feeling to good.. Donald Driver is playing awesome, along with Greenbay's OL, so I think it was a good move. Gore can be used for a big piece of bait. Because of your depth i agree with the move. In any other way, Gore for Favre in a one on one deal, is questionable.

There are 2 possibilities:

1) we are witnessing a changing of the guard, with Jordan suddenly playing like he was supposed to last year, all the top RBs just going to hell in a handbasket, etc. etc. or

2) This is week 3 stuff and will look very different by week 5 or 6.

I think you got raped. Gore is a FF machine. Favre is on his last legs, and it's all downside from this season start til the season's end. Just one man's opinion. I think you could have got somebody along WITH Favre, at least.

PFnV

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back