PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did ESPN give that champagne to Shula anyhow??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Is there any doubt in anyone's mind that ESPN had a bottle of champagne in the booth and would have popped the cork with Shula had the Patriots lost?
This win was so satisfying on so many levels. ;)
BTW is there a more unprofessional broadcast group than ESPN's??
Embarrassing in their agenda driven amateurism.

i know a lot of people will NOT agree w/ me... but i like the espn mnf broadcast, actually i even like tony kornheiser... im not overly-sensitive about them bashing the pats... they bring this soap-opera-like drama, they make a big deal of little or worthless things but they make it entertaining especially to those who are not really big football fans...
i watch those guys with my girlfriend and her friends and they find it entertaining considering they are not football fans... (they are forced to watch because i said so..:) )

I think the camera crew was absolutely horrendus. I counted at least seven snaps that were missed due to a sideline shot, advertisement or closup of the players' face. Hell, I wish they had a separately broadcast with a view of the entire field.

The whole production was pathetic.
I wish Shula was in the booth for the end so they could have shown his disappointment.

they hardly talked about the game.
they kept showing those dam replys of the doophins bears game.
thank god we have 3 earlier games in the upcomming weeks.
i miss 1oclock football. :singing:

I didn't get home in time to catch it until the fourth quarter began, but I am told that it was awful and what I saw of it was just terrible.

Two thoughts:

If I have to hear the phrase "tragic inevitability" one more time out of that bald blowhard's big mouth, I might shoot myself. Change that. WILL.

Also, I thought even Jaws was a little unprofessional, which surprised me, because I expect him to at least be neutral. Mayeb I was just so focused on Kornheiser and Shula that I confused it, but towards the very end of the game, Jaws rebutted Tirico everytime he said that it was a loss. Granted, it ended up they had a chance, but it was the way he was saying it. He kept saying you have to hope that you can do it things like that. MO.

i thought blatent cheering for the Ravens was a little much and i think the side show commentary should be for the half time show, not the booth. I was quite discusted by the booth and how unprofessional they were. I get it, everyone loves an underdog. I remember when we were the underdog and it was fun. When you are the top team, EVERYONE wants to see you fall. It is lonely at the top.

I think the camera crew was absolutely horrendus. I counted at least seven snaps that were missed due to a sideline shot, advertisement or closup of the players' face. Hell, I wish they had a separately broadcast with a view of the entire field.

Agree completely. I can handle the announcers - in fact I chuckled more than a few times last night even when they were bashing the Pats.

BUT, what I cannot stand is sloppy production. Besides the missed camera angles, I also noted they showed Billick in the frame just before or early in the 1st and had a graphic with BB's stats. You mean to tell me the guys in the truck can't even recognize the HC's of the teams and put the correct stats up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back