PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Chad Jackson pull his hamstring? How long out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueHen said:
Chad Jackson has not pracitced in some time...and this is crucial time for him. After his 1st practice Belichick criticized him lightly...he needs practice!! Any word on his injury? Seems hushed...

There's no need for him to be out there now. The games don't count. He's re-habbing and watching film, doing classroom stuff. He should be ready to roll when the games count.

In the meantime pray to God Caldwell doesn't get hurt.

(I can't believe I just said that and our WR situation has come to the point where Caldwell's health is so pivotal. Ugh.)

edgecy said:
Hrm, I guess I much prefer him not out at all, not now or during the season. I'd just like to see him on the field, if only to walk a lap or something.

With the vultures in this town, the papers would be all over it if it was serious.

He's with the team, but isn't running. If he rests it, it will go away. If he runs on it, it might get worse.

According to Tom Casale, his career is over. :D

Dont be shocked to see him play tonight.

Seriously.

I would be shocked to see him play tonight, simply because he has not been at a practice in over 2 weeks.

"If you don't practice you don't play"

- BB mantra (acquired from his former mentor BP)

PromisedLand said:
Nobody's saying (at least I'm not saying) we expect Terry Glenn rookie type numbers from Jackson this year. Terry Glenn's rookie numbers were significantly better than Deion Branch's best year, by the way. We don't need that kind of production from Jackson this year.

What I am saying is that just because he has missed a couple or three weeks of training camp it doesn't mean he won't help us this year. 30-40 catches and 300-400 yards is still very realistic and would be very satisfactory for the #3 or #4 receiver (assuming Branch and Caldwell are 1 and 2).

Well see, that's where we differ, I have already made peace with the possibility that we won't see Branch till Week 10, leaving Caldwell and Brown at 1 and 2.

I do wish I can get tonight's game in the South to catch a glimpse of CJ, but I guess I will just be sticking around to find some instant commentary.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Dont be shocked to see him play tonight.

Seriously.
Sean is the man if Chad plays, I don't think ANYONE even considers the possibility.

Let's hope we're toasting Sean tomorrow :)

BelichickFan said:
Sean is the man if Chad plays, I don't think ANYONE even considers the possibility.

Let's hope we're toasting Sean tomorrow :)
I'll remember this if he does play.

Also there were rumors about giving Maroney more carries than Dillon tonight as well.

Last edited:
PromisedLand said:
I would be shocked to see him play tonight, simply because he has not been at a practice in over 2 weeks.

"If you don't practice you don't play"

- BB mantra (acquired from his former mentor BP)

Agreed...... Unless there's a way a WR can contribute without using his legs.

SeanBruschi54 said:
I'll remember this if he does play.
Jackson plays - you're the man and don't worry about remembering, I'll start a thread to celebrate you :)

I think I remember on "the other board" you referencing some kind of source you had access to but not making a big deal about it so I'm laying my hopes on that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes