PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Brady injure his left elbow in the Philly game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
According to the Boston Herald - Apparently Brady left the locker room after the game with a big bag wrapped around his left elbow and is wearing a black neoprine sleeve down his left arm during yesterdays press meetings.

Since its not his throwing arm its probably not really a big deal I suppose but you can bet those Eagles were hitting him hard and that one where Brady got flattened was probably where the soreness to that left elbow occurred.

Maybe Brady who is always listed as probable on the weekly injury report will change from 'Shoulder' to 'Elbow' - or BB will probably keep this mum between him and his QB for fear the media may make a big issue of it.

I don't think it's a structural issue. When Brady slid the first time he took off out of the pocket, he dragged the elbow on his non throwing arm on the plastic grass at gilette as he was sliding. it looked as though he had a very bad turf burn.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a structural issue. When Brady slid the first time he took off out of the pocket, he dragged the elbow on his non throwing arm on the plastic grass at gilette as he was sliding. it looked as though he had a very bad turf burn.

Probably won't be a worry with Brady's performance but Kaczur better protect Tom better than he did sunday night or Tom will be on IR before too long
Tom is not Superman or Ironman although sometimes he seems that way and can only take a beating like he did on sunday only so often before something bad happens.

Probably won't be a worry with Brady's performance but Kaczur better protect Tom better than he did sunday night or Tom will be on IR before too long
Tom is not Superman or Ironman although sometimes he seems that way and can only take a beating like he did on sunday only so often before something bad happens.

Yeah, I let out an "Oh my God" at the TV as Juqua Thomas was bearing down on Brady. I'm, beginning to develop a healthy dislike of Kaczur.

If Maroney gets benched (as Reiss alluded to in his mailbag) for missing a block, then Kaczur should have gone to the gallows for letting a DE body slam the franchise into the turf like he did. It was a disgrace.

Maybe. It is too bad he has been playing with that sore shoulder the last 5 years though, I can only dream about how great he would be if he was healthy.

Be realistic.

Brady threw 54 passes, mostly out of a spread formation. Against 29 blitzes. And, only got sacked three times.

It would be hard for an O-line to do better than that.

Football players make mistakes and get beat.

Jake Long wouldn't look bad protecting Tom.
But does anybody know what his wingspan is I don't want a guy with short arms who becomes the next Robert Gallery if we draft a Tackle that early.

Be realistic.

Brady threw 54 passes, mostly out of a spread formation. Against 29 blitzes. And, only got sacked three times.

It would be hard for an O-line to do better than that.

Football players make mistakes and get beat.

It only takes one hit in the right place at the right time....

On one of Brady's first sacks one of the eagles stepped on his elbow forearm area. He reacted immedeately but stayed in the game.

I thought it was turf rash since he kept looking at his elbow after he slid.

If there is a loss in the next 3 weeks, dont be suprised to see Brady shut it down after a series or 2 in the Miami and Giants game... But the next 3 weeks if we win all bets are off..

I noticed that also because when he got up, he looked at it like it stung... It's his left elbow, he don't need it to throw though, so ....

I thought he kind of banged in and then it dragged on the turf as he slid and the end of that run he had up the middle.

It seemed to be bothering him for a moment, but he stayed in the game and seemed to be fine after that.

I don't think he hurt it on a sack, but I could have missed something I guess.

Yeah, I let out an "Oh my God" at the TV as Juqua Thomas was bearing down on Brady. I'm, beginning to develop a healthy dislike of Kaczur.

If Maroney gets benched (as Reiss alluded to in his mailbag) for missing a block, then Kaczur should have gone to the gallows for letting a DE body slam the franchise into the turf like he did. It was a disgrace.

Yeah, damn, Kaczur needs to take a hint from Matt Light. If you get beat, you trip, hold, etc- do pretty much anything that you have to do without injuring the opposing player to keep Brady from taking a hit like that.

Just another reason to have him on the injury report.

Walking back to the huddle after the scramble, you can see him rub and inspect the turf burn on his left forearm/elbow after the slide.

Just another reason to have him on the injury report.

I believe that the injury will migrate up to his shoulder by the time the injury report comes out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes