PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Brady call out the defense with this quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is another case of the media making an issue where none exists. You know, I hate to be sexist, but this article and the other article that was posted a couple days ago, really makes me wonder if women should be allowed to write about football. My 13 year old daughter is smarter about football than these bimbos.

You're gonna hear it from the P.C. Police.

This is another case of the media making an issue where none exists. You know, I hate to be sexist, but this article and the other article that was posted a couple days ago, really makes me wonder if women should be allowed to write about football. My 13 year old daughter is smarter about football than these bimbos.

In general, journalism has gone downhill. Not just woman.

Leslie Vissor, Jackie MacMullen, Tracey Dodds, Melissa Ludtke and Bonnie Bernstein would disagree with you....

Last edited:
In general, journalism has gone downhill. Not just woman.

Leslie Vissor, Jackie MacMullen, Tracey Dodds, Melissa Ludtke and Bonnie Bernstein would disagree with you....

Well, Jessica Isner and Johnette Howard has brought them a step down in my opinion. If it were articles about football that would be one thing. But one takes an inoccuous quote by Brady and twists it into Brady "throwing his defense under the bus", which is so ridiculous to get that message from the quote he made. The other just went on a prsonal attack on Belichicks personality. Hardly stalwarts of sports journalism.

Well, Jessica Isner and Johnette Howard has brought them a step down in my opinion. If it were articles about football that would be one thing. But one takes an inoccuous quote by Brady and twists it into Brady "throwing his defense under the bus", which is so ridiculous to get that message from the quote he made. The other just went on a prsonal attack on Belichicks personality. Hardly stalwarts of sports journalism.

No question, their articles were misleading and pi$$ poor

Shalise Young from the ProJo was on the board yesterday. She's pretty good IMO.

While 'sexism' can be fun and the responses to it can be comedy gold, a lousy article with a quote taken out of context is not exactly something that only female journalists are capable of.

Male Sports Writers do this all the time - Borges and Shaughnessy are two fine examples. Dang, these two (and countless others) have really brought men down a peg or two or three.....

Last edited:
While 'sexism' can be fun and the responses to it can be comedy gold, a lousy article with a quote taken out of context is not exactly something that only female journalists are capable of.

Male Sports Writers do this all the time - Borges and Shaughnessy are two fine examples. Dang, these two (and countless others) have really brought men down a peg or two or three.....

Thank you.
posted via mobile device while fully shod and not in kitchen or peeing on an EPT stick

:p

Last edited:
Here's the quote exactly:

"If you're taking a 3-pointer at the end of the game, do you give it to Ray Allen or do you give it to the seventh man coming off the bench? You've got to give it to the guy who you think is going to make the shot."

Hm, that may have been his answer, but what was the question? So far, this looks like a Coors light commercial to me.

Day before yesterday, j. Chandler was hosting NESN sports desk and he was talking to SMY and Reiss. He opened the interview by asking if they wanted to carry on the 4th and 2 discussion (paraphrasing). Smy, bless her heart, said "no." But the football guy, Reiss, couldn't resist getting in one more bit of t.v. talkatude.

Am I being sexist here???

one Leon Powe got sent to Cleveland, maybe it shold be 2-for-2

Hm, that may have been his answer, but what was the question? So far, this looks like a Coors light commercial to me.

See my post above for the question - it had nothing to do with the defense, but the decision to throw to Faulk instead of running the ball.

"Belichick's too smart to have something so Grady Little-ish on his career resume, but there it is, and it can never be erased."
--Peter King on SI.com

They love to hate BB, Brady & Pats. Like I always said they love an underdog then when we started to dominate & Dynasty they turn on you. Bill gives them 1 finger salute and it pisses them off. Good for Bill. They'll be back on our bandwaggon again. we'll continue to DOMINATE & DIE'NASTY!

"Belichick's too smart to have something so Grady Little-ish on his career resume, but there it is, and it can never be erased."
--Peter King on SI.com

They love to hate BB, Brady & Pats. Like I always said they love an underdog then when we started to dominate & Dynasty they turn on you. Bill gives them 1 finger salute and it pisses them off. Good for Bill. They'll be back on our bandwaggon again. we'll continue to DOMINATE & DIE'NASTY!

King wrote that? I hadn't read his recent column, but I'll have to now so that I can read that sentence in context. Looking at it in a vacuum, that's a brilliant way to put it.

King wrote that? I hadn't read his recent column, but I'll have to now so that I can read that sentence in context. Looking at it in a vacuum, that's a brilliant way to put it.

It was a Quote from this post. My point being King, Morton, CollinsworthLESS usual suspects BIG mouths nothing to say.

It was a Quote from this post. My point being King, Morton, CollinsworthLESS usual suspects BIG mouths nothing to say.

That's fine as a theory, but calling that a Grady Little moment is certainly not saying nothing to people in New England. I also find it amusing that Patriots fans insult all these reporters as anti-Patriots Morons/BIG mouths/etc... when a lot of the country thinks they are Patriots shills.

That's fine as a theory, but calling that a Grady Little moment is certainly not saying nothing to people in New England. I also find it amusing that Patriots fans insult all these reporters as anti-Patriots Morons/BIG mouths/etc... when a lot of the country thinks they are Patriots shills.

It's not insulting reporters its simply pointing out fact that in their opinion its usually negative do to jealousy, making a name for themselves or an appealing headline so people read their article. So when when you get a situation with BB going for it on 4th & 2 on his own 28 some will say he wanted to put game away & others like this usual suspects I mentioned will say he was a fool. Those who you say around country think they are Patriot shills confirms my point, their jealous & haters.

It's not insulting reporters its simply pointing out fact that in their opinion its usually negative do to jealousy, making a name for themselves or an appealing headline so people read their article. So when when you get a situation with BB going for it on 4th & 2 on his own 28 some will say he wanted to put game away & others like this usual suspects I mentioned will say he was a fool. Those who you say around country think they are Patriot shills confirms my point, their jealous & haters.

Peter King is considered a Patriots shill throughout much of the country. He's just one example. The reality is that people who post on these boards tend to be overly sensitive about anyone criticizing their team, and even the most minor of perceived slights are complained about for years.

North Dakota got a mention

u mean the allen quote? are u serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill