PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Belichick Dupe the Jets into Taking Gholston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
All you members out there with secret sources. I have a gut feeling the Patriots talked tradeup with KC to piss off the Jets ... no way Belichick would trade up losing a 2nd round pick which he needed badly for a CB.

Someone talked Gholston all the way up to being the #1 pick on some draft sites ... which was unbelievable ... I have to think the Patriots have something to do with all that ... and I would like to hear about it.:p

I don't want to totally demean the guy ... perhaps he was a 12-20 pick ... though IMO he was good value 20-32...;)

All you members out there with secret sources. I have a gut feeling the Patriots talked tradeup with KC to piss off the Jets ... no way Belichick would trade up losing a 2nd round pick which he needed badly for a CB.

Someone talked Gholston all the way up to being the #1 pick on some draft sites ... which was unbelievable ... I have to think the Patriots have something to do with all that ... and I would like to hear about it.:p

I don't want to totally demean the guy ... perhaps he was a 12-20 pick ... though IMO he was good value 20-32...;)

Absolutely! I believe BB has always been doing that to the Jets in some way, shape, or form. Especially since his chubby little "protege" bolted and ratted him out. The Jets are nothing than little pi$$-ants in Bill's backyard, and he's out there with his magnifying glass.

Last edited:
I can believe this scenario, the Jets and their teams are just a little lower than whale shyt.

LOL get over yourselves...

Leaking that you like a player to make sure a team trades up to your spot is common practice. The Pats did it with Sedric Ellis. So is hinting you like a player to get someone to trade up to get him.

Do I believe that the Pats were serious about trading up to take Gholston? No. But that's part of the game.

But BB did not dupe the Jets into taking Gholston. Why would the Jets take someone they didn't want? They might trade up to get someone if they thought the Pats interest was legit. But they didn't do that. So BB didn't dupe the Jets into anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back