PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Belichick decide to go for some NFL bloodlines in the late rounds of the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Did Belichick decide to go for some NFL bloodlines in the late rounds of the draf

Don't forget we added FA Vincent Redd, whose name is just so close to Rudd that you have to wonder how Pioli/BB MAKE these decisions.

It's been that way since Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law were in the same secondary, evidently because the fearless warriors of the gridiron are all too easily indimidated by the legal system.

U R hot lately.:D

Re: Did Belichick decide to go for some NFL bloodlines in the late rounds of the draf

Isn't Barrett Ruud the guy who cost Cleveland a game against the Chiefs by taking his helmet off during the last play, and the fifteen yards put the Chiefs in FG range?

Barrett Ruud plays for the Buccanneers.

I mean honestly it makes sense.

The late rounds are more a less a crapshoot, so it makes sense to pick athletes who's families have already succeeded at the pro level as it likely ups their chances (however insignificantly) of making it there too.

I mean honestly it makes sense.

The late rounds are more a less a crapshoot, so it makes sense to pick athletes who's families have already succeeded at the pro level as it likely ups their chances (however insignificantly) of making it there too.

If there were three guys like this year who were worthy of the #1 pick (J.Long,C. Long,Dorsey) I am going with the Bloodlines and take that player - Howie Long was an awesome DE for the Raiders and I also firmly believe Chris Long should have been the #1 selection based on that even if the need was for another position,Its not all that out of bounds to believe that like the OP says,especially in rounds where the crapshoot truly begins.

Another look recently would be Kellen Winslow whose son is starting to play like his HOF dad and possible pro bowl level this year or next

While bloodlines do not guarantee the recent player will be as good as his relative before, it does not hurt taking a chance on the newest member of the family if he shows anything productive to prove he is worthy of a shot.

Last edited:

lol...I've lived and died with the Patriots every Sunday in the fall for the past 23 years, since I was 7 years old. Steve Grogan was my childhood idol. I will STILL name my first son Drew. To this day I still occasionally watch a tape I have of the Patriots beating the Jets in Foxboro in 1992, one of only 2 wins that year.

There are so many idiots on this board. GFYS man.

You being one of them. It is a well known fact the BB likes to draft from NFL bloodlines.

If you are such a great Pats fan then you would have known this.

the fact that pats didn't pick Eli Manning for a backup QB position proves that bloodline has nothing to do with draft.

the fact that pats didn't pick Eli Manning for a backup QB position proves that bloodline has nothing to do with draft.

Uh, that doesn't really prove anything, LMAO. Manning was a top five pick. The Pats weren't drafting in the top five. Also, 2 + 2 = 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back