PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did BB Turn Over To Goodell Video Of The Pats Being Taped

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I remember Goodell's words talking about reviewing one of the tapes and saying that "one coach was seen waving at the cameraman".....knowing that the Pats were taping. I believe that BB probably had some tapes of opposing teams taping the Pats in the same way. As detailed as BB is I just have to imagine that he had collected and kept material that would support his interpretation of the rule by establishing it as a league practice. I believe the Pats were only punished in the fashion they were because a Memo was sent out addressing this exact practice.I also feel that any further league wide investigation will support that it was a common practice!

Last edited:
How would he have gotten video of opposing teams taping him??????????

If he did collect them, NE security most likely just confiscated the tapes and held onto them rather than turning them over like Mangini did.

I have always believed this. BB will bury them if they try to take him down.

I have always believed this. BB will bury them if they try to take him down.

I also feel this is true, there have been hints from BB & especially from Mr Kraft that we have the goods on some of the other clubs.

I sure hope so as some day, the lid may be blown right off this thing and we will be vindicated. I think the only reason that has not happened is that it is simply not good for business. We got caught, broke a rule and took our punishment. That should have been enough but it goes on and on and on........please, somebody, make it stop already.

Moderators is there a way we can get "action" music as background for all these nauseously irrelevant sally spygate threads??
Thinking maybe the theme from Mission Impossible or something?????? :rolleyes:

I think we got hammered because we chose to continue the practice after the Goodell memo, But I just feel that BB has material illustrating that videotaping and other methods were widely practiced. He is too smart. I mean it can't be hard, you hear Jimmy Johnson and other recent coaches talking about the practice! I just want the hipocracy to stop. I want to see the reaction when several other teams are shown to have doen this same thing over the years!

Moderators is there a way we can get "action" music as background for all these nauseously irrelevant sally spygate threads??
Thinking maybe the theme from Mission Impossible or something?????? :rolleyes:

Don't read 'em then.

I for one have always thought Patriots camerman also captured the opposing team filming NE to show proof this was done league-wide.

One of several reasons why Goodell destroyed the tapes and notes so quickly.

If Belichick copied them and gave them to his (Patriot's) lawyers then Goodell has no ground to get them and Belichick would never have to acknowledge they exist ... so screw them .. let them fear.

How is a cameraman on the NE sidelines going to prove that an opposing cameraman is filming defensive signals?

How is a cameraman on the NE sidelines going to prove that an opposing cameraman is filming defensive signals?

Why would he try?? What the camerman is filming isn't the issue. It's where the videotaping is being done from.

Mercy.

Why would he try?? What the camerman is filming isn't the issue. It's where the videotaping is being done from.

Mercy.

This is the most ridiculous thing to prove. I think people are grasping at straws

This is the most ridiculous thing to prove. I think people are grasping at straws

Mr. B. I'm not sure I understand. Prove what? What is grasping at straws?

The post I was responding to assumed that the signal stealing was the issue as opposed to the placement of the camera.

I've believed right from the start that the tapes show this.

If BB thought it was worth it to try and steal other teams' defensive signals in this manner, do you think he was the only one?

One thing you'd want to know if you're trying to keep your signals from getting stolen is whether a team has someone on the other side trying to tape your DC. You'd also want to ID that person, so your coaches know who it is. Now, you have your guy on your sideline taking video while your offense is on the field, but while your defense is on the field, he's just standing there--unless BB or someone else has instructed him to look for someone on the other side who's trying to tape your signals. It would all be on the same tape. I know this sounds a little spy-vs.-spy, but I don't find it beyond the realm of possibility at all. Quite the opposite.

If this is the crew who were filming us . .. who's filming us now?

BB, Kraft, the Patriots organization are just too quiet on this one. They have what they need to be comfortable that this issue isn't specific to them. Just like that crap with the Dolphins two years ago acquiring tapes of our offense. The Patriots never said a word about it. The only people you hear really egging this thing on is the media who make money off creating drama, and ex players who want some attention. You see very few current coaches crying for a thorough investigation. There has to be a reason!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey