PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone see the Colts game last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRule

Banned
Reaction score
Did you see what the Bears did to the Colts last night with Kyle (friggen) Orten .The Bears punched the Colts in the mouth in their new house.The physical play shut down the mighty Colt offense.We can do this with Matt.

Re: Did anyone see the Colts game last night.

were you also aware the indy was playing second and third stringers on their OL? Jeff Saturday comes back in ~6 weeks for them.

Did you see what the Bears did to the Colts last night with Kyle (friggen) Orten .The Bears punched the Colts in the mouth in their new house.The physical play shut down the mighty Colt offense.We can do this with Matt.

Watching the game last night I noticed Chicago's defense was flying all over the place and making open field tackles.. The pats defense still looks slow to me.. Seymour was stopped cold in his tracks by a ROOKIE LT, Harrison looks a step slower and the tackling was just average... I know the season is early but because of the injury to Brady, they are going to be relied on more heavily and I don't think they will come through.

must be a blueprint.

Yeah, the Bears played very well last night.

The Colts looked terrible on both sides of the ball.

Could it be that the power is shifting back to the NFC after all these years? There is some rather compelling evidence.

Manning looked like he didn't trust his OL. He misses Jeff Saturday. Saturday will be back for the Pats game.

On the other side, Matt Forte looks like a stud. He was awesome, considering the Colts loaded up to stop the running game and dare Orton to beat them. Not an easy task.

Regards,
Chris

Yeah, the Bears played very well last night.

The Colts looked terrible on both sides of the ball.

Could it be that the power is shifting back to the NFC after all these years? There is some rather compelling evidence.

Uh, no. Most of the best quarterbacks still reside in the AFC, for one thing. For this year, with Brady out, maybe things balance out, but long term? No. The NFC is still weaker at the top and not as deep throughout.

Uh, no. Most of the best quarterbacks still reside in the AFC, for one thing. For this year, with Brady out, maybe things balance out, but long term? No. The NFC is still weaker at the top and not as deep throughout.

Well, the NFC was definately weaker at the top, but after one week the three top AFC teams, one lost the MVP, one lost at home to Carolina without Steve Smith, and the other got slaughtered by Kyle Orton's Chicago Bears (both NFC teams by the way). So it's tough to say. You can't judge anything too firmly after one week. But the Pats are taking a step back. We'll see what happens with the Colts and Chargers. And the bottom of the AFC last year anyway was horrible, Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Chiefs, all picked in the top 6 of the NFL draft. And the NFC did win the Super Bowl believe it or not.

So anyway, while it's too early to say anything with much confidence regarding conference breakdowns, I'd say week 1 was very nice for the NFC.

must be a blueprint.

Right. Watch for the "Expert" analysis today saying, "The way to beat the Colts is to get to Peyton" - Really????????? That's brilliant.

were you also aware the indy was playing second and third stringers on their OL? Jeff Saturday comes back in ~6 weeks for them.

He may be back in six weeks, but even if he and Lilja come back in six weeks will they be 100%. It is still a very real possibility that Saturday needs to opt for season ending surgery. Besides, Neither Saturday nor Lilja play run defense.

In between that time, the Colts have the Vikes, Jags, Titans, and Ravens. Based on how they played last night, they could easily be 1-4 by the time Saturday or Lilja return.

I saw it and it looked like the Bears dared them to win via the pass. With Manning just getting his legs under him it looked like he timing was off. Plus I agree with a 3 off the O line out things will be different with Saturday in there.

Colts didn't have their home field advantage, noise last night with the roof and one end open. We'll see how long that lasts before they start playing all their games with the roof closed. Still, even with it closed, the new cow palace is much taller than the old one, so a lot of noise and smell will go up into the rafters......

Noticed they did still hang up their participation banners.

Attachments

• lucas field.jpg
    lucas field.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 212

Noticed they did still hang up their participation banners.
Thread, meet Jack...

Speaking of participation banners, I did NOT like the 16-0 banner the Pats hung at Gillette.

Regards,
Chris

I saw it and it looked like the Bears dared them to win via the pass. With Manning just getting his legs under him it looked like he timing was off. Plus I agree with a 3 off the O line out things will be different with Saturday in there.
I don't think the Bears dared him at all. They crowded the LOS with 7 players, but the LB's were dropping back into coverage most of the time. Bears looked ready to go, and looked like they were pissed at being 9 point dogs. The Colts/Peyton clearly missed having Saturday under center, and although I didn't want to believe it, the missed TC hurt as well. Abandoned the run way too early as well. Kudos to the Bears and their staff, great game by them.

Thread, meet Jack...

Speaking of participation banners, I did NOT like the 16-0 banner the Pats hung at Gillette.

Regards,
Chris

Meh... It's still a great accomplishment. I will appreciate it a lot more after they win another Super Bowl

I missed it but i was surprised when i woke up this morniog to see that guess i made the wrong pick for the pool. Along with the chargers game alsoMy GF picked against the chargers and i laughed at her. Should have listened

Meh... It's still a great accomplishment. I will appreciate it a lot more after they win another Super Bowl
Great accomplishment? Absolutely!

Banner-worthy accomplishment? No. Save the banners for the titles.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:

I saw it on NBC. Brown played well.

Thread, meet Jack...

Regards,
Chris

Where is the 16-0 banner? I got to the game just in time for the National Anthem so I didn't see it or any ceremony to hang it. Was there one?

On the Colts game, I thought Manning looked really rusty. John Madden kept going on about if Manning was firing on all cylinders he would have made you pay for all the blitzing Chicago was doing. Either he was off or his receivers had the dropsies, and it didn't help him that Marvin Harrison forgot to rehab his serious case of fumblitis in the off-season. Also, Madden kept saying that Chicago was doing a good job on Bob Sanders by getting a blocker on him on every play which allowed their rookie rusher to run up and down the field. I figure the Colts will have some of these kinks worked out by the time we get there. Sigh.

Yeah, Harisson was REALLY off somewhere else mentally last night. He fumbled, dropped a couple, and generally looked like he could here feet coming, which is totally unlike him.

I thought that the entire Colts team looked shell-shocked by the 3rd quarter, and Manning's face said all that needed to be said whenever the camera panned in close.

If it were only one or two plays or players, I wouldn't be concerned (if I were a Colts fan, which I most certainly am not), but the entire team looked bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back