PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Anyone Hear Belichick on The Big Show ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't and it's not in WEEI's vault. But on NEST, Ordway said Belichick was "raving" about the job that Hawkins is doing at Safety. I'm curious if Ordway was overstating it or not. If Hawkins is getting to the right place to plug that hole, it's no wonder the defense is doing better because we can all see how The Hobbit is doing at CB.

The Hobbit and The Hawk to the rescue :)

BelichickFan said:
I didn't and it's not in WEEI's vault. But on NEST, Ordway said Belichick was "raving" about the job that Hawkins is doing at Safety. I'm curious if Ordway was overstating it or not. If Hawkins is getting to the right place to plug that hole, it's no wonder the defense is doing better because we can all see how The Hobbit is doing at CB.

Well something happened to that defensive backfield. Hawkins wasn't in the Bills game. But, he has done a good job when he has been in there. Sometimes you take a corner and put him at safety and a new career begins.

BelichickFan said:

They usually post those on WEEI's Audio Vault within a couple of days. I missed him today too!

Well ive been watching Hobbs this year and i have to say his improvement has been nothing short of FANTASTIC. I guess i cant say that there isnt any talent coming out of the Iowa St Football program any more (even though ive seen Hobbs for the last 2 years and knew hes was pretty good, i just didnt know he was this good)

I love it hobbet and the hawk.....
I saw Hobbs in training camp and he has impressed me every since, just a scrappy big time athlete.
our corners right now are better right now than last year at this. and I think hobbs is as good as a chance as we will have to cover the colts as anyone has. he is quick and physical, but not big, which is what is needed to go against the colts quick receivers.

I heard it. BB was very complimentary of the way Hawkins has picked up the system, comparing him to how well Wilson went from corner to safety. Particularly likes his speed, says its like having four corners in coverage. Good in run support, too.

Yup, Hawkins speed and his experience put him ahead of Stone, not that Stone didn't do well. Since then we've seen Bruschi singing his praise for his hitting and in the Herald Tomase's 'little things' article highlighted Hawkins' play. Keep up the positive thoughts people, I feel the secondary gelling from here.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Yup, Hawkins speed and his experience put him ahead of Stone, not that Stone didn't do well. Since then we've seen Bruschi singing his praise for his hitting and in the Herald Tomase's 'little things' article highlighted Hawkins' play. Keep up the positive thoughts people, I feel the secondary gelling from here.
Stop it, stop it... it's like deja vu all over again. Just a bunch of replacements. .... I dare not say it.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Stop it, stop it... it's like deja vu all over again. Just a bunch of replacements. .... I dare not say it.

I'll say it:

How will the Patriots banged up secondary stop Manning and the Colts receivers? Its just not gonna happen.
from an unnamed analyst in January of 2005.

BelichickFan said:

Does this mean he is going to cut him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye