PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Anyone Else Watch America's Game Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCal Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
It was about The 1992 Dallas Cowboys.The narcissism displayed by Michael Irvin was simply overwhelming.You would have thought that He won that Super Bowl on his own.He was no better than the fourth or fifth best player on that team.He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with these Patriots.Simply overwhelming.:eek:

Last edited:
Incase it hasn't already been discussed, ALL OF THEM ARE AVAILABLE ON DEMAND.

I just watched the pats one today when i woke up and they had like 10 others listed on demand.

Pretty damn sweet.

NFL Network is sweet.

This is why I hope that overated blow hard does not make the hall of fame.. :mad:

It was about The 1992 Dallas Cowboys.The narcissism displayed by Michael Irvin was simply overwhelming.You would have thought that He won that Super Bowl on his own.He was no better than the fourth or fifth best player on that team.He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes with these Patriots.Simply overwhelming.:eek:

That's what I thought too. When he talked about switching pass routes and then watching his teammate running down the field "with MY ball." What a selfish bastard! Then they'd switch to Aikman and he'd bail Irvin out by saying he was a pain in the arse but what a great teammate he was, etc., etc.

And what was that about Jimmy Johnson cutting a guy just because he had asthma? That seemed very, very cruel. And people complain about BB ...

That's what I thought too. When he talked about switching pass routes and then watching his teammate running down the field "with MY ball." What a selfish bastard! Then they'd switch to Aikman and he'd bail Irvin out by saying he was a pain in the arse but what a great teammate he was, etc., etc.

And what was that about Jimmy Johnson cutting a guy just because he had asthma? That seemed very, very cruel. And people complain about BB ...
I don't know, for some reason I liked him in this show, he was laughing about it being "my ball", and how he basically screwed himself. I only watched the last half, but I liked him better than I thought he would, he seemed kind of sweet, and he definitely loved this game.

Last edited:

I love Irvin. He was a great teammate. He was overconfident and flamboyant, but he was a great teammate. Sure, he joked about it being "his" ball. But did you watch the film? He was following Harper down the field celebrating, and he was the first one on the sidelines to congratulate him after the play. Irvin was just a fun player. He was a more obnoxious Chad Johnson. Not a TO. Aikman, Emmitt, all the Cowboys loved Irvin.

I love Irvin. He was a great teammate. He was overconfident and flamboyant, but he was a great teammate. Sure, he joked about it being "his" ball. But did you watch the film? He was following Harper down the field celebrating, and he was the first one on the sidelines to congratulate him after the play. Irvin was just a fun player. He was a more obnoxious Chad Johnson. Not a TO. Aikman, Emmitt, all the Cowboys loved Irvin.

Wait a minute. Didn't it seem at least a bit selfish to you that Irvin told Harper to line up differently because he thought he would get the ball? I don't know how the Cowboys offense operated, but that seems odd to me. And on the tape after Harper's catch/run, you could see Irvin gesturing that it should have been his ball before congratulating him. Just because Irvin laughs while telling stories like this doesn't absolve his "me" perspective.

Yes, Irvin worked hard and produced and was vocal about wanting to win and was liked because of that, but his actions and attitude reminded me a lot of T.O. He wasn't as disruptive an influence as T.O. because the Cowboys were winners while he was there, but I'll bet he would've been a real hard case otherwise. How about the list of teammates he said he threw under the bus when his pal Jimmy Johnson arrived? Irvin was the prototype egocentric wideout that set the tone for guys like T.O., Randy Moss, Keyshawn, etc.

Wait a minute. Didn't it seem at least a bit selfish to you that Irvin told Harper to line up differently because he thought he would get the ball? I don't know how the Cowboys offense operated, but that seems odd to me. And on the tape after Harper's catch/run, you could see Irvin gesturing that it should have been his ball before congratulating him. Just because Irvin laughs while telling stories like this doesn't absolve his "me" perspective.

Yes, Irvin worked hard and produced and was vocal about wanting to win and was liked because of that, but his actions and attitude reminded me a lot of T.O. He wasn't as disruptive an influence as T.O. because the Cowboys were winners while he was there, but I'll bet he would've been a real hard case otherwise. How about the list of teammates he said he threw under the bus when his pal Jimmy Johnson arrived? Irvin was the prototype egocentric wideout that set the tone for guys like T.O., Randy Moss, Keyshawn, etc.

I think there's some "me" in every athlete. I want a guy who wants the ball like Irvin did. When Tom Brady was backing up Brian Griese, and watching Griese win the National Championship, do you think Brady didn't want to be in there, and have that for himself? All athletes want to be the one making the play, or having the ball when it matters most (all great ones, anyways) and Irvin is no exception.

Irvin was about winning, first and foremost. Yes, he talked his game, and put on a show, but he cared about the team winning. TO, Moss, Keyshawn, all a poor comparison, IMO.

I think there's some "me" in every athlete. I want a guy who wants the ball like Irvin did. When Tom Brady was backing up Brian Griese, and watching Griese win the National Championship, do you think Brady didn't want to be in there, and have that for himself? All athletes want to be the one making the play, or having the ball when it matters most (all great ones, anyways) and Irvin is no exception.

Irvin was about winning, first and foremost. Yes, he talked his game, and put on a show, but he cared about the team winning. TO, Moss, Keyshawn, all a poor comparison, IMO.

Of course every player wants to be the guy on the field making a difference. I think Irvin was about himself just as much as he was about winning, however. Anyway, this is the first time I've heard of a player telling a teammate to line up on the other side because he wanted the ball. What if Harper said no? They would have wasted a timeout in the Super Bowl!

Of course every player wants to be the guy on the field making a difference. I think Irvin was about himself just as much as he was about winning, however. Anyway, this is the first time I've heard of a player telling a teammate to line up on the other side because he wanted the ball. What if Harper said no? They would have wasted a timeout in the Super Bowl!
I got the impression he ran out of the huddle without asking cause he knew what the play was as soon as Aikman started saying it-I don't think he gave Harper a choice, which made it kind of funny to me, that they then threw to where he should have been! Like I said, I think he was really laughing at himself, that his ego made him lose a big play.

I got the impression he ran out of the huddle without asking cause he knew what the play was as soon as Aikman started saying it-I don't think he gave Harper a choice, which made it kind of funny to me, that they then threw to where he should have been! Like I said, I think he was really laughing at himself, that his ego made him lose a big play.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but he said he told Harper he was changing places with him.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but he said he told Harper he was changing places with him.

Well that is what I get for trying to clean out my closet while listening to a tv program ;)

Well that is what I get for trying to clean out my closet while listening to a tv program ;)

The man in your life is one lucky dude ... She watches football AND does household chores at the same time! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes