PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone else hear Schefter say he'd bet his job the Pats go 16-0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illthrill

On the Roster
Reaction score
It was on "Patriots Playbook" today.
He said the ONLY way the Pats lose it if they beat themselves which is VERY unlikely. He emphasized it.
He also said the Pats play week 17 b/c they gonna want to win.

The Patriots starters will play in week 17 for two reasons - the chance to make history and, more importantly, because that's what Belichick does. HE DOESN'T sit his starters when there's a BYE WEEK ahead. He only sits them if the Pats have clinched a playoff spot but will be playing the following week - so he gets some semblance of a "BYE."

If he sat the starters with a BYE the following week, that would make it three weeks between contact for our best players. NEVER gonna happen.

Doesn't matter what the record is, Belichick will play his guys. Now if the Pats are blowing at the Giants at halftime, maybe we see Cassel and some of the second stringers in there. But Brady and Co. will start like they always do and play it out.

I cannot imagine the starters standing around at the beginning of that game.

The other thing is that having three weeks off instead of two could be a bit disruptive to their timing.

I'd play it like pre-season game three but leave them in if they can't bury the Giants.

That game could be meaningless to the Giants too, as they could be solidly in First or Second with nowhere to go, even with tiebreakers. They will have banged up guys too, and perhaps need to rest people.

It was on "Patriots Playbook" today.
He said the ONLY way the Pats lose it if they beat themselves which is VERY unlikely. He emphasized it.
He also said the Pats play week 17 b/c they gonna want to win.

Let's get to 10 -0 first.

Sitting out or not
The pats rotate players on defense anyway
Let Vrabel rest for a series if we are up and give Woods some PT
They rotate OL/DL as well

Expect to see more rotations once we are up

I would like to beat the national press to the punch.

I am going on record saying that if Belichick plays his starters vs the Giants even though he has home field locked up he is disrespecting the Giants and the NFL in general. :D

Actually I would love for the Pats to be 15-0 and in the Giants game, play
the game with the scrubs thus disrespecting the entire NFL by not going
for it and giving the biggest ever eff-u to those miserable b*****ds who
questioned their integrity. Can you imagine the s**tstorm that would cause? :D

C'mon Bill, show them what the tuck (it-to-you) rule is really all about! :rocker:

Last edited:
Let's not. We are only fans. We should be able to talk about what we want. It's kind of part of being a fan.

By all means, feel free! Feeling like a fan also includes not getting wound up in all the undefeated talk.

C'mon Bill, show them what the tuck (it-to-you) rule is really all about! :rocker:

Actually, what would make it really great is if, by doing so, we somehow screwed the Cowboys -- for example, if by winning the Giants got home field over the Cowboys or something.

Actually, what would make it really great is if, by doing so, we somehow screwed the Cowboys -- for example, if by winning the Giants got home field over the Cowboys or something.

Oh, man. Imagine the fury at NFL central.
Hey, GFY Goodell!

I'm liking it more and more! :D

I'm with you and the Team. One-game-at-a-time.

The division's weak but I bet they'll be gunning for us when we play them.
I can't remember, but what was Chicago's record when they ran into Miami on a Monday night in 1985?

I say BB shows his true genius by destroying the Giants with Casell and Crew.

That game could be meaningless to the Giants too, as they could be solidly in First or Second with nowhere to go, even with tiebreakers. They will have banged up guys too, and perhaps need to rest people.
I'd say that there is a better chance the Cowboys beat the Giants this weekend, making them a wild card.

Is so, they will be playing the first round of playoffs, and so will likely use Week 17 as a bye week for starters.

I find a Wild Card for Giants much more believable than them fighting for a bye as a Division Winner, but SUnday will tell. If the Cowboys and Packers win, the Giants are looking at a Wild Card Weekend game.

With the whole world watching to see if the Pats can go 16-0.....Bill sends out Cassell......to hand off to Eckel 35 times for 70 yards.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes