PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone catch CNN's special on Aaron Hernandez?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why he should.

If Mr. Kraft has a brain between his ears (which I'm sure he does), he'll know that Faulk saying that he's praying for a former friend wouldn't impact the way the media drags the organization's name into the matter any time it's reported one way or another.
He also said he doesn't really believe he did it.

He also said he doesn't really believe he did it.

He's a friend in denial. Everyone has stages of acceptance when something like this happens. Faulk is no different. Hell, most of this forum, including myself, didn't believe that Hernandez did it for the longest time when this whole thing started. Kraft shouldn't give a **** one way or another what Faulk says because it will never negatively impact the organization as much as the original crime did.

I have it on my DVR. Will watch it when I get a chance.

And I heard the Faulk audio driving in to work today. He basically said that he is praying for Hernandez and having a tough time believing he did it. He also said anybody could do those things if they're pushed far enough.

Damn straight. Most people don't realize how much mixed drinks cost in clubs today.

I'm afraid Kevin Faulk could use a dose of that. Standing by your friend is one thing, but what he said in that report suggests a state of denial.

I'm afraid Kevin Faulk could use a dose of that. Standing by your friend is one thing, but what he said in that report suggests a state of denial.
I think that is one of those situations where you really cannot know how you would react until you are in the situation. I was watching it with my wife and she said you look at Hernandez and you think there is no way he could have done that, his baby face and the way he is always smiling, and I agreed with her, especially when you listen to him talk. I could see how so many people had wool pulled over their eyes.

Faulk is one my favorite all time Patriots and I believe he belongs in their HOF, that said I will not be happy if he bakes the "brownies" for the Pouncey Brother's SAVE AARON HERNANDEZ bake sale.

I'm not really sure why you guys think the most tight lipped organization in sports would have no problem with a former player openly discussing an open murder investigation on another fomer player.

Is there a Jet on trial for murder?

I thought it was a very good report by CNN on the case. After watching it, I really feel this is a man does not belong in society, and I include the general population in prison, he is wired wrong. His reasoning for the things he does is not rational, Faulk says anybody is capable of doing things if pushed to it, and honestly, I believe that. Hernandez however acted out for reasons that did not justify anything near the actions he is accused of, punching a bouncer for asking him to pay his bill, shooting Bradley over a cellphone, shooting Lloyd over his interaction with people at a club and asking about weapons in his apartment, and killing those two men over a spilled drink.

It was my thinking prior to watching last night that the shootings of Lloyd and Bradley were to cover up the drive by shooting, to see that it was actually just a stupid reason such as a cellphone is mind-boggling. I think Hernandez is a great candidate for the death penalty, because in general population I can all but guarantee he will kill again.

Considering he was spending $10k a night in clubs, I am not surprised that he is nearly out of money.

I thought it was a very good report by CNN on the case. After watching it, I really feel this is a man does not belong in society, and I include the general population in prison, he is wired wrong. His reasoning for the things he does is not rational, Faulk says anybody is capable of doing things if pushed to it, and honestly, I believe that. Hernandez however acted out for reasons that did not justify anything near the actions he is accused of, punching a bouncer for asking him to pay his bill, shooting Bradley over a cellphone, shooting Lloyd over his interaction with people at a club and asking about weapons in his apartment, and killing those two men over a spilled drink.

It was my thinking prior to watching last night that the shootings of Lloyd and Bradley were to cover up the drive by shooting, to see that it was actually just a stupid reason such as a cellphone is mind-boggling. I think Hernandez is a great candidate for the death penalty, because in general population I can all but guarantee he will kill again.

Considering he was spending $10k a night in clubs, I am not surprised that he is nearly out of money.

I haven't been as up to date as most people here on the Perpnandez case, so might I ask what exactly transpired in regards to the Bouncer and the lead up to Bradley's shooting?

Nope I didn't see it, but would like to. Hopefully they will run a repeat on the segment or someone can post it to YouTube.

Last edited:
I haven't been as up to date as most people here on the Perpnandez case, so might I ask what exactly transpired in regards to the Bouncer and the lead up to Bradley's shooting?
He punched the manager at a bar in Gainesville for asking him to pay his bill.

They were separate incidents sorry if I molded them together. When he was a student in Florida, he was at a local bar and the bouncer requested he pay his tab, things became heated, and the angel Tebow intervened and actually paid the bill, despite that Hernandez felt it was necessary to sucker punch the bouncer in the side of the head and blow out his eardrum.

The shooting of Bradley was in early 2013, they were partying at a strip club, and apparently, there was a dispute over a lost cell phone so Hernandez felt it was necessary to shoot Bradley in the face and leave him to die in an industrial park.

Faulk is basically holding out hope that Hernandez didn't do it. it's not unheard of for friends to hold their friends a little higher then everyone else.

I'd say faulk is in a bit of a denial stage.

I'm basically holding out hope that I will Powerball one of these days. I think I am less likely to be disappointed than Faulk. And I don't even buy Powerball tickets.

No doubt. But your comment was equally out of touch.

I'm basically holding out hope that I will Powerball one of these days. I think I am less likely to be disappointed than Faulk. And I don't even buy Powerball tickets.
I mean at the end of the day, you have to look at it as Faulk did not even know these people that Hernandez killed so emotionally speaking his would sway toward Hernandez. Faulk wants to think Hernandez is innocent because he does not want to think he could befriend a person that is capable of such heinous actions.

Nope I didn't see it ,but would like to. Hopefully they will run a repeat on the segment or someone can post it to youTube.
It is on demand (Comcast/Time Warner). It was a very good show, they shed a lot of insight into many areas, I would check it out if you have an hour.

Did the report talk about Hernandez' alleged angel dust use?

The SI article talked about this rumor/theory and a lot of his behavior seems like it could be explained (not excused) by his use of pcp which is famous for inducing violence and paranoia.

But then again Borges was a cited "ssource" for the article and that really makes all of it questionable at best.

It's still weird to me. I grew up 5 minutes from him and met him once or twice and he seemed like a nice kid. After moving down to Tampa about 5 years ago I was surprised to hear the things that some people who attended UF with him were saying (although they said the whole team was out of control)

It's still weird to me. I grew up 5 minutes from him and met him once or twice and he seemed like a nice kid. After moving down to Tampa about 5 years ago I was surprised to hear the things that some people who attended UF with him were saying (although they said the whole team was out of control)

Hernandez honestly sounds like a paranoid schizophrenic then. Schizophrenia doesn't settle in and take hold until the person associated with it is either in their late teens or in their 20's. If what you're saying is true (and I have many friends that went to Florida so I've heard the stories as well), then it sounds like he might be a paranoid schizophrenic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes