PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone catch CNN's special on Aaron Hernandez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

203Pat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Nothing really that ground breaking. I just thought it was a little strange Kevin Faulk was involved. I'm sure the Patriots are not to pleased.

For those of us that didn't catch it, could you possibly give a bit more info on the level that Faulk was involved on and why the Patriots would be none too pleased?

Faulk is basically holding out hope that Hernandez didn't do it. it's not unheard of for friends to hold their friends a little higher then everyone else.

I'd say faulk is in a bit of a denial stage.

He's only in it for a few minutes doing an interview but they do call him a friend of Hernandez. He says he's still on hernandez's side and doesn't really believe that he did anything. I can't imagine the Pats like him being involved in this especially while wearing a hoodie with their logo.

Faulk is basically holding out hope that Hernandez didn't do it. it's not unheard of for friends to hold their friends a little higher then everyone else.

I'd say faulk is in a bit of a denial stage.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the Patriots would have a problem with that. The two were apparently very close friends before all this went down and Faulk is in denial that his former friend is quite possibly a mass murderer and a sociopath. This isn't out of the ordinary. Further, neither of those two are involved in the organization anymore (at least not directly), so I'm not sure why the organization would frown on that.

The organization is doing/has done everything it can to distance itself from this. I doubt that Robert Kraft would be too happy that a career Patriot would be doing interviews about Aaron.

The organization is doing/has done everything it can to distance itself from this. I doubt that Robert Kraft would be too happy that a career Patriot would be doing interviews about Aaron.

Why should he care if said career Patriot is no longer directly involved with the organization?

Why should he care if said career Patriot is no longer directly involved with the organization?
I'd imagine he wants the Patriots name involved as little as possible. Now he obviously can't control or influence what CNN does but I'd assume he might still have had some sort of influence (future charity work, team anniversary stuff) in the upcoming future with Faulk that he wouldn't be happy to see a former player speaking on it. He's the only Pats player I can think of who has spoke openly about it. Even Matt Light said something like "I never believed in anything Aaron Hernandez stood for" then quickly retracted/denied saying it.

I have it on my DVR. Will watch it when I get a chance.

And I heard the Faulk audio driving in to work today. He basically said that he is praying for Hernandez and having a tough time believing he did it. He also said anybody could do those things if they're pushed far enough.

I have it on my DVR. Will watch it when I get a chance.

And I heard the Faulk audio driving in to work today. He basically said that he is praying for Hernandez and having a tough time believing he did it. He also said anybody could do those things if they're pushed far enough.
I found that "pushed far enough" thing odd. Who pushed him? This was all his own doing.

I'd imagine he wants the Patriots name involved as little as possible. Now he obviously can't control or influence what CNN does but I'd assume he might still have had some sort of influence (future charity work, team anniversary stuff) in the upcoming future with Faulk that he wouldn't be happy to see a former player speaking on it. He's the only Pats player I can think of who has spoke openly about it. Even Matt Light said something like "I never believed in anything Aaron Hernandez stood for" then quickly retracted/denied saying it.

The Patriots name is going to be brought up any time this case is reported about. That's the fact of the matter. Kevin Faulk saying that he's praying for a former friend won't change that.

Faulk did not come across well. Considering his own publicized misstep with weed, I'm wondering if that was the basis of his "friendship" with Hernandez.

Nothing really that ground breaking. I just thought it was a little strange Kevin Faulk was involved. I'm sure the Patriots are not to pleased.
Why would the Patriots have any problem with this?

Faulk did not come across well. Considering his own publicized misstep with weed, I'm wondering if that was the basis of his "friendship" with Hernandez.
Come on

Reactions: Anj
I'm not really sure why you guys think the most tight lipped organization in sports would have no problem with a former player openly discussing an open murder investigation on another fomer player. Gronk threatened to walk off an interview when he was asked repeated questions about Hernandez. They've clearly been told to say nothing.

I'm not really sure why you guys think the most tight lipped organization in sports would have no problem with a former player openly discussing an open murder investigation on another fomer player. Gronk threatened to walk off an interview when he was asked repeated questions about Hernandez. They've clearly been told to say nothing.

There's a word in there that's important. It's used twice and is clearly the keyword of the post. Can you tell me which one it is?

There's a word in there that's important. It's used twice and is clearly the keyword of the post. Can you tell me which one it is?
So just because he's a "former" player Kraft has no issue? You really think he saw it sat back and said "oh good for Kevin. I can't wait to see him at a team function and let him know how much I appreciated his interview."

So just because he's a "former" player Kraft has no issue?

I don't see why he should.

You really think he saw it sat back and said "oh good for Kevin. I can't wait to see him at a team function and let him know how much I appreciated his interview."

If Mr. Kraft has a brain between his ears (which I'm sure he does), he'll know that Faulk saying that he's praying for a former friend wouldn't impact the way the media drags the organization's name into the matter any time it's reported one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back