Welcome to PatsFans.com

Did anybody see Crable out there?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by slash83, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I dont remember seeing him at all...
  2. Tyler.Durden

Tyler.Durden Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

he was not on the active roster
  3. nashvillepatsfan

nashvillepatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I must say, im a little curious as to why Crable was inactive, and Guyton was active. Special teams decision maybe?
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yes...Guyton is a much better ST player than Crable...that I am sure was part of it all...(predicted it teh night before...)
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  5. Mack Herron

Mack Herron Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Guyton also took reps on D subbing for Bruschi...
  6. borg

borg Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Don't expect Crable to play vs run heavy teams. The guy can't hold the point. He is strictly a "run around" the lineman type player
  7. Sicilian

Sicilian Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

If that's the case, I wonder when we'll see him...

Most of our opponents this year are either run heavy or at least very run capable on top of being a good passing team (Indy, SD, Pit).

The Cardinals are the only team whose running game doesn't seem that good, and a case could be made either way for the Jets.
  8. paragon11

paragon11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Perhaps Crable is active against the Jets this week vs. Da Gunslinger? I know Jones had a nice rushing day in Week 1(which helped my fantasy team out), but the Pats run D > Dolphins run D.

Terry
  9. billdog3484

billdog3484 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

i didnt see him out there. i guess he was inactive. i thought for sure he'd be active, he looked like a playmaker in the preseason, a ball hawk. i feel like he looked like George Martin in the preseason, obviously Martin was a DL, but similar skill set i think
  10. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

To me he has a lot of upside. Quick and instinctive, but needs some meat on his bones and more seasoning! He'll probably be in the mix more as the season progresses or if we need to give our LB's more rest.
  11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#24 Jersey
    We need to put him in. The only reason the Dolphins were that close in the game was because they were hitting Favre every time he threw. Even on that prayer he lofted into the end zone, about three of four of them converged on Lord Favre.
  12. KillEM

KillEM Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Crable is very good on special teams as well. The reason Guyton was active is because he plays ILB, whereas Crable plays OLB
  13. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

ANOTHER revived thread.....BACK TO LIFE AGAIN!!!

Actually no...Guyton plays special teams a lot better than Crable..and THAT was the real reason opening day. Last week, without Alexander, Guyton was the 3rd ILB...more the reason he was active than Crable. I am sure with a long season Crable will get some time playing.
  14. KillEM

KillEM Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Crable is a beast on ST. Guess you never watched him in College
  15. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Both played Special Teams well in college, so I doubt that was the primary factor. The thing that has Guyton active while Shawn is inactive is position on the depth chart: Guyton is the #3 ILB while Crable is the #4 OLB. It's pretty much a no brainer for BB when putting together his inactive list, Crable needs more time to develop as an OLB and with his position on the depth chart is more likely to find himself one of the 8 men out.

A point of interest for some: I'm rewatching the NYJ game and noted that Guyton was in for Bruschi and LeKevin was in for Warren against the NYJ 4-minute drill offense at the end of the first half. The Pats blitzed Guyton on the 1st down snap, he got knocked down, but got up and eventually made the tackle on Leon Washington after he had jitterbugged around looking for a running lane. The next snap he ran with the TE and was part of the pass defense that forced Favre to dump-off to his RB in the left flat and take another loss when Mayo and Adalius pinned him against the sideline. Guyton isn't getting a lot of snaps (3 v. KC and 2 v. NYJ) at the moment, it will be interesting to see if he gets more as the season rolls on.
  16. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I've watched a lot of guys in college who were beasts on offense, defense and special teams who never make it to the NFL.

Crable will get his chance, but it will be because of what he did in preseason, not in college.
  17. billdog3484

billdog3484 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

just learning now. but seems like he could be a good playmaker for us at some point
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.