PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did Adam look rattled last night on the game winning kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritOf76

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but did anyone else notice that Adam did not have his trademark glazed-focused look on that game winning kick last night...

His confidence looked shot.

When I saw his face on camera before the kick, I started saying to myself, "He's gonna miss it." Something looked off.

Did anyone else get that same feeling before the kick occurred?

when he left he put all his confidence in the fact that he can pad his stats in the dome knowing his skillset was decreasing. when you put all your stock in playing in a dome it affects your mindset when in adverse conditions. we made the right decision moving on, his kickoff or horrible. I appreciate what hes done for us but I wouldnt feel bad if he missed every kick from here on.

After missing 3 significant kicks in 2 weeks, you have to wonder how cool and confident AV will be in the coming games...and how much faith his team will have in him. It can skew your playcalling if you don't count a 35-yd FG as a gimme.

Remember, 'shot put' missed a 40+ yd attempt against the Pats. Then earlier last night he missed a 40+ yd attempt. When the Colts started on that drive I typed into the game thread that the Vinitraitor would shank the game winning attempt. His kickoffs are short. He is no longer money in bad weather and apparently, he's no longer clutch. Let Polian spend his cap $ on a has been kicker.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but did anyone else notice that Adam did not have his trademark glazed-focused look on that game winning kick last night...

When I saw his face on camera before the kick, I started saying to myself, "He's gonna miss it." Something looked off.

Yeah-I got that vibe too-before the kick, it sure looked like he was VERY bothered by something(Did his g/f dump him? Did Goodell run over his dog?).

AV is a good kicker.

Again, people are underestimating the BB effect. Bill knows how to coach. He puts a lot of pressure on his kickers every day. When they get to games, they have probably already been through the frick'n grist mill, and game day might even seem easy in retrospect.

Dungy likes things calm, and he never raises his voice. We have been told that this makes him a good guy - a big difference from the likes of the bad mister Bellichick. Well, maybe good coaching requires a bit of yelling from time to time. Maybe all people are different. And maybe a good teacher understands this fact. You must be creative and challenge your team constantly. That team pretty much gave Adam the keys to the Caddy, all because of what he had done while being with the pats. That is bad coaching as far as I am concerned. Every day is a new day, and as we saw last night, you have to prove yourself over and over.

Also, when Dungy argued with the refs, he in effect "Iced" his own kicker!:eek:

See, by losing focus on the temperment of his kicker, he let him down. What, did dungy actually think that he was going to get his way? (well, the thing is, he has been taught by his boss that arguing actually can have a great impact on the game at hand.) But not last night.;)

Nice mr. Sanctimonious douchbag.

I think the reason he keeps missing these kicks is because he gained so much weight since he went to Indy...Did you see that last commercial he did? The one where he goes thru the metal detector with his SB rings? He looks alot heavier than when he was with the pats. That could make a difference in his kicking...right?

.......Also, when Dungy argued with the refs, he in effect "Iced" his own kicker!.../QUOTE]

Why does every referee on the field feel obligated to race over to and then be interrogated by Dungy on every slighest call not to Peypolungy's liking? It must be assumed that all the referees have to provide immediate and satisfactory explanations to Dungy as if they were the guilty party in a court of law.

I think the reason he keeps missing these kicks is because he gained so much weight since he went to Indy...

I think another reason could be that he's "out of practice" kicking outdoors and in the elements. Since he joined Indy, he had the advantage of kicking inside a dome for at least 8 games a year. Most of the other remaining games are out in the weather.

I can't believe the media is siding with Indy on the procedure penalty. The TE stepped back moved his shoulders left,right,left back as he's setting up to pass block. He didn't just reset himself. God, I hate the way Indy plays. Hurry up and hike the ball. They have a guy sprinting off of the field 5 yards from the sidelines. Let's try to trick them. Either go for it. Or not. Don't play it both ways.

Not to be underestimated are his short kickoffs. They are hurting the Colts a lot as well.

I don't know about before the kick, but he looks absolutely dejected afterward. :D

Attachments

• awesome.jpg
    awesome.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 138
I can't believe the media is siding with Indy on the procedure penalty. The TE stepped back moved his shoulders left,right,left back as he's setting up to pass block. He didn't just reset himself. God, I hate the way Indy plays. Hurry up and hike the ball. They have a guy sprinting off of the field 5 yards from the sidelines. Let's try to trick them. Either go for it. Or not. Don't play it both ways.

I couldn't believe John Madden's commentary. How long has he been in football? I was calling for the flag before it was even thrown! This was such an easy call to make and it's sad that "football" people like Madden apparently don't have a clue.

I haven't gotten a sense of what other people are saying yet, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if people who aren't avid fans don't know about or understand this rule. Clearly the correct call; rarely is it called (because teams rarely break the rule!)

No doubt.

Adam didn't have his trademark "this is going dead down the middle" look before the kick.

I felt bad for him too. But I loved that "I'm going to explode!!" look on Mannings face after the miss.

I noticed it too. you're not alone.

I let out the most bellowing laugh and knee-slapping when he missed those....

Remember, 'shot put' missed a 40+ yd attempt against the Pats. Then earlier last night he missed a 40+ yd attempt. When the Colts started on that drive I typed into the game thread that the Vinitraitor would shank the game winning attempt. His kickoffs are short. He is no longer money in bad weather and apparently, he's no longer clutch. Let Polian spend his cap $ on a has been kicker.

THE KICKER IS NOW A COLT!!

What do you expect from an indoor arena football team?

The kicker wants his domed roof and carpeted floor and climate controlled air.

Congratulations, kicker, you are really a Colt now.

And thanks for doing the job we paid you to do up in NE. We are glad you did your job. You played well on your 5 or 6 plays each game.

Sorry, we need to get back to winning superbowls now.

I expect the media to always side with the Dolts. They always have.

I wish he would just retire so I could quit hating him and starting loving him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes