PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dice K begins where he left off.

Nice non-win, Dai-suck! I don't care if you went seven innings and gave up two hits and no runs. For the money you're making, you should find a way to score a few runs.

Nice non-win, Dai-suck! I don't care if you went seven innings and gave up two hits and no runs. For the money you're making, you should find a way to score a few runs.

Yeah, let's send him to Portland to work on his bat. He should be 5-0, but it was a great win.

He made a great play covering first, wth more great defense by Youk, Moss & Dustin. As soon as the bats warm up, the Sox should be in great shape-if the middle relievers don't sink us.

Bwaahahaha great thread. FrankiesFly is either a complete moron or a closet racist.

Cinco de Mayo: Dice-K wins # 5, 6-3. Has yet to lose this season.

Wins are an overrated statistic in determining a pitchers quality. He's got 27 BB in 40 IP. He had 8 last night in 5 IP. He's got really good stuff, but sheesh. All those walks will eventually burn him.

Look at his ERA and K's though, the guy is nasty good.

I personally think Dice-K gets screwed on a lot of calls from the umps.

Look at his ERA and K's though, the guy is nasty good.

I personally think Dice-K gets screwed on a lot of calls from the umps.

I think it's his reputation for nibbling or trying to get too cute that causes the umps to not give him the borderline calls, yes.

He's 10th in baseball in ERA and has a respectable 1.20WHIP. Hes walking a lot, but hes also holding batters to a .158BA, which is good for 2nd in baseball. His .281SLG against is also good for 6th in baseball, so those few hits he gives up are rarely for extra bases.

He won't continue with a 5.98BB/9, but he also won't continue with a .158BAA. Regression to the mean is due to happen.

So, we're all in agreement that he's plenty good enough for more than 12 wins?

So, we're all in agreement that he's plenty good enough for more than 12 wins?

He won 15 last season and he's off to a 5-0 start in 2008... Umm, I think the man is earning his money. all he needs to do really is cut back on the walks. everything else is pretty nasty when you look at the stats.

5/10: 7 innings 2 runs 6 hits. Now 6-0. ERA 2.45. BAA .169 (best in MLB).

5/17- now 7-0 !!!

Going back to last year's playoffs, the Sox have won all of DM's last 11 starts. His ERA of 2.16 is third best in baseball. We need just a couple more "overrated" guys like him and we'll be set.

If Dice K wins 12 games this year I wont come back to this site. The Pats board or Sox board.

I guess we will find out if frankiesfly is a man of his word, seeing at this current rate he will have 12 wins by mid summer.

Going back to last year's playoffs, the Sox have won all of DM's last 11 starts. His ERA of 2.16 is third best in baseball. We need just a couple more "overrated" guys like him and we'll be set.

Dice-K is a BARGAIN with his contract, when you look at the albatrosses around the league. Barry Zito anyone?

Dice-K is a BARGAIN with his contract, when you look at the albatrosses around the league. Barry Zito anyone?

People look at the insane 51 mil the Sox paid just to negotiate with him and ignore the added value of A)establishing a relationship with the Seibu Lions and B) new revenue that comes with having the most popular pitcher in the history of Japanese baseball.

Not to mention that he's pretty damn good and reliable as far as pitchers go these days.

8-0 now, granted he walked quite a few, but he also struck out a lot of people. Not to mention grand slams by drew and lowell. 4 games away from no frankiesfly.

8-0 now, granted he walked quite a few, but he also struck out a lot of people. Not to mention grand slams by drew and lowell. 4 games away from no frankiesfly.

Dice K was considered a pitcher with great control in Japan.

I have been watching most of the games this year and I think part of his problem with so many walks is Variteks pitch selection for Dice. In addition to that, it appears to me that Dice K is getting squeezed by the plate umpires a lot. Why? I dont know but it almost looks like a conspiracy.

Dice K was considered a pitcher with great control in Japan.

I have been watching most of the games this year and I think part of his problem with so many walks is Variteks pitch selection for Dice. In addition to that, it appears to me that Dice K is getting squeezed by the plate umpires a lot. Why? I dont know but it almost looks like a conspiracy.

Good points, though Tek didn't catch yesterday. Farrell and Tito will straighten him out. He's fourth in the league in ERA and first in BAA and wins. Can't argue with the final score.

Good points, though Tek didn\'t catch yesterday. Farrell and Tito will straighten him out. He\'s fourth in the league in ERA and first in BAA and wins. Can\'t argue with the final score.

Agreed. 8-0- is 8-0 no matter how you look at it. He is fast becoming the pitcher that they paid for.

I do think he is getting squeezed somewhat though.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back