Welcome to PatsFans.com

Dianne Wilkerson says she can’t afford lawyer

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Nov 17, 2008.

  1. cupofjoe1962

    cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

    Feb 4, 2008
    Likes Received:
    +240 / 20 / -18

    State Sen. Dianne Wilkerson, whose checkered career crashed last month when an FBI photo of her allegedly stuffing $1,000 into her bra was made public, now tells a federal judge she’s too poor for her lawyer.

    Attorney Max D. Stern is sticking by Wilkerson, however, and Friday asked U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Timothy S. Hillman to appoint him the charity case.

    A few months ago, Tom Finneran was talking about Diane getting a huge
    pay day from the Milena Delvalle big dig trial. Diane showed up at the
    Devalle home after she was killed when the pannels fell. They asked her
    for help and she gave the referal to the lawyers they hired. They received
    a total of about 40 million. I am not sure how much Diane received, but
    from way Finneran and Wendy Murphy talked, she did just fine.

    She also owns a home...... She should sell it !

    If she can't afford Max Stern after she sells her home, she should get a lawyer she can afford.
    If she can still prove she is broke, she should get a public defender.
    I doubt Max Stern would work for a public defender fee.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. DarrylS

    DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Sep 13, 2004
    Likes Received:
    +1,380 / 35 / -35

    Public Defenders do not get fees as they are state employees... with that being said, too bad for Diane.. not sure of the state of business for the Mass. PD's, but a court appointed attorney is not out of the question, if they want to work at Court rates.

    This is usually not PD's area of expertise, they do not want to go to some long trial, with a bunch of witnesses... they have huge caseloads and in their mind there may be more worthy clients. Wilkerson should liquidate some assets, if she has any.

    I think you should find out the standards in Mass. for Court Appointed Atty's, and whether or not she is eligible for a charity case.. they usually have to fill out a form claiming indigence..
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  3. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

    TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

    Nov 12, 2007
    Likes Received:
    +26 / 0 / -0

    ^^^^ She would be represented by the Federal PD office, not the Mass PD.

Share This Page

unset ($sidebar_block_show); ?>