PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Diamonds In The Rough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like all of these players for New England.

Buffalo RB James Starks
Central Florida DT Torell Troup
Fordham QB John Skelton
Indiana (PA) CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
North Alabama SS Quinton Andrews

I'm intrigued by Brandon Minor (RB), and Jack Corcoran (FB).

Also, Cody Slate (Marshall) could be very interesting, he seems like an interesting TE/WR tweener, if he could improve his blocking he'd be downright dangerous.

I see someone else has finally noticed Joique Bell. I posted some info about him in the draft prospects thread around the turn of the new year. Not the highest level of competition granted, but breath-taking production. Supposedly a great kid, leader, good size and athleticism - has to be worth taking a late flyer on.

Oh, 5 pages in and no mention of Antonio Brown?! Percy Harvin-lite. Maybe even DeSean Jackson-lite. The kid is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

I was watching tape on Spiller the other day and I noticed #65 the OG for Clemson, Austin Thomas or Thomas Austin, something like that. He is a former wrestler and understands leverage and technique. He has good explosion at the snap of the ball. Flat back. He has trouble sinking his hips and he is not a great athlete, but he is an excellent football player.

He seems like a perfect BB type player; if he projects better as a pass protector.

I was watching tape on Spiller the other day and I noticed #65 the OG for Clemson, Austin Thomas or Thomas Austin, something like that. He is a former wrestler and understands leverage and technique. He has good explosion at the snap of the ball. Flat back. He has trouble sinking his hips and he is not a great athlete, but he is an excellent football player.

He seems like a perfect BB type player; if he projects better as a pass protector.

I was following him (Thomas Austin) with interest during Shrine Game week, since I noticed him during the season. A turnstile would have slowed pass rushers as much as he did. Off my list. He understands leverage and technique, but his lateral movement is non-existant, and he has no hope of recovery if a defender gets an edge on him.

I like Mitch Petrus from what I've read on him, he's not quite a 6th rounder or under but he has the athleticism, quickness, and mobility that can't be coached but his weaknesses CAN be corrected with coaching and treatment/training.

He has the potential to be a monster guard.

Check out UConn's Marcus Easley.

He was a walk-on, who wasn't even on UConn's depth chart early on. He was probably 4 deep at either receiver position, behind two or three true freshman. Didn't play much to start, but when the freshman showed they weren't ready, Easley came on like gangbusters. He ripped through the Big East, and he damaged Notre Dame and South Carolina badly.

I have no idea if he can run routes well, but he's huge, 6'2 or 6'3 but built like a tank, he's really fast, strong, and has big mitts for hands, makes great catches.

Hard to say if he has any technique whatsoever because he has not gotten much playing time until the 2/3rd of this year.

I watched all the UCONN games, Easley has great size and and speed for sure. He was dominant against some good big east schools. Might be available with a 5th round pick. Belichick is paying attention to UCONN, Randy Edsall players are well coached.

Last edited:
I watched all the UCONN games, Easley has great size and and speed for sure. He was dominant against some good big east schools. Might be available with a 5th round pick. Belichick is paying attention to UCONN, Randy Edsall players are well coached.
Bingo. I'd love a Big East WR draft - Gilyard in the second and Easley whenever on Day Three. Moss, Welker, and Brady grooming the two of them, they will both push and complement Tate & Edelman - NE could find themselves with an upgraded version of the 4-horsemen (Brown, Branch, Givens, & Patten).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back