Welcome to PatsFans.com

DHarvey enters the draft

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PonyExpress, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

2. Urgent

Urgent Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Cool.

Another option for a 3-4 OLB. He certainly fits the mold as a versatile outside pass rusher. Another potential defensive option for where the Pats draft.
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The more the better.
  4. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=10512

Well I like the size/speed combo if the 6-5 250 and 4.6 40 speed are legit. Again the real question is can he successfully be converted into a 3-4 OLB?

The article says that Harvey was advised he would be a 1st round pick. Is he good enough to be considered at #7? If not, and he slips to the early 2nd round, would it be worth it to trade up for him with the Pats 2nd and 3rd round pick?
  5. PatDaPatriot

PatDaPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Harvey will test well at the combine and has a chance to shoot up the draft board. He's got the size, athleticism, and production to warrant a high draft choice. He could have been a late first rounder last year, but decided to go back to school and work on his game. Come April, he'll be a real possibility at #7...
  6. borisman

borisman Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My impression after watching Harvey in the bowl game is that he didn't have the motor play after play. He gave up on a lot of plays if he didn't beat his man. That was on his pass rush. He didn't fare well against the run but that won't be his m.o. in the NFL. They ran away from him but that was because Long was on the left side. Go figure. The bowl game was his chance to improve his status and I don't think he did that. Don't get me wrong, he's good but as of right now I wouldn't take him at No. 7. It sucks that they don't allow underclassmen in the Senoir Bowl. That's got to change, damn it. :)

I can't wait to see Gholston on Monday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.