PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dexter Reid, what a dumbass

Status
Not open for further replies.
But seriously, folks, this latest episode involving Reid underscores the unfortunate fact that, aside from Wilfork and, to a much lesser extent, Watson, the 2004 draft was an inexplicable, Grier-esque disaster. What is esp. puzzling is that just one year earlier, the NEP had one of the better drafts in its history, at least in the BB/SP era (Bethel Johnson and the overdrafting/misuse of Dan Klecko notwithstanding). The lack of quality depth at DB and LB in the AFCC can partly be traced back to that weekend in late April of 2004. What should have been a group of 3rd-year players who were ready to contribute, instead became Eric Alexander, Corey Mays, Rashad Baker and Antwain Spann...who are all still here. Is the 2007 draft headed in the same direction? I hope not, but...

I think we need to consider Randall Gay who, though the Pats didn't draft him, was signed as an undrafted free agent following the '04 draft. He contributed quite a bit as a rookie as I'm sure you'll recall. Thus, considering that we got one pro-bowl quality player, one very solid starter, one near-starter and one excellent back-up, I'm not so sure I'd go as far as to say it was Grieresque.

From top to bottom, '04 is no worse than the Seymour draft and if we were to consider the depth issue, I personally think it was better than the '01 draft.

Great, great memory. Great clip.

Example A (unless he was a frosh at the time) that he wasn't NFL grade. Poor motivation, poor set up, poor execution, just plain poor.

RayClay, I don't agree with you often, but this was a perfect 10. Great, great, great timing in combining a little fun for our pleasure at the expense of a guy who is missing the points.

PS: Is there any irony in guys debating the validity of mass-killing machines whilst expounding, secondarily, their moral/intellectual superiority over another who used it in an "unintended" manner?

Hey, I'm just hear to have fun. I like to argue, but anybody that takes me seriously is missing the point. I'm just a casual long time fan posting when I should be doing homework.

I love big nasty RBs and wanted the Pats to draft Greg Jones. When they drafted Reid, I thought "you got the wrong guy".:D

Last edited:
I have a pretty significant background with guns, and I much prefer the FUNCO Squirt gun to the Jellio Brand. It's is more accurate, and is easier to get that little plast plug back in, after filling it.

I even picked up a nickname in the hood (Scituate) using it: "Snoop Soaker Dogg", for rizzle.

I think we need to consider Randall Gay who, though the Pats didn't draft him, was signed as an undrafted free agent following the '04 draft. He contributed quite a bit as a rookie as I'm sure you'll recall. Thus, considering that we got one pro-bowl quality player, one very solid starter, one near-starter and one excellent back-up, I'm not so sure I'd go as far as to say it was Grieresque.

From top to bottom, '04 is no worse than the Seymour draft and if we were to consider the depth issue, I personally think it was better than the '01 draft.

Good points. Randall Gay is an example of the justification for hustling to sign as many UDFAs as possible. When the FO is hustling, I'm happy.

After $eemour and Light, the 2001 draft was indeed a head-scratcher. Brock Williams was a 5th-round talent, at best. Trading-up for Kenyatta Jones, at the cost of a 5th-rounder, was unnecessary. And picking Jabari Holloway, when better players at positions of greater need - WR Justin McCareins, LB Edgarton Hartwell - were available was short-sighted.

Firing a heavier bullet does not make a weapon better. By that logic, a Sharps 45/70 would have been superior to both the AK-47 and M-16 in combat. The AK-47 was a piece of crap that fired a projectile larger than the M-16 did.

The advantage of the AK-47 is that it could be made very cheaply, and therefore you could substitute quantity for quality
Dear Space, I said SHORT RANGE, I.E urban combat Falugia etc. The AK would suck in places where the target is more than 3-4 hundred yards. Most combat takes place at 100-150 yards. At 123 grains and 2300 fps MV the AK's trajectory isn't very flat compared to the 62 grain 3400 fps MV of the M16 round.
Further ballistically the .22 cal bullet is unusual it loses velocity very slowly in comparison to any other caliber making the M16 a much better open range round and weapon. As far as larger bullet since the AK's bullet is heavier it has much more energy then the M 16 at CLOSE range. Its LONG been known that the AK 47 is a much more reliable weapon than the M16. In fact I heard complaints about the M16,and M4 jamming last year due to the fine sand/dust in the ME.......OUT ;)

Last edited:
M-16 = .223 caliber, 3,000 fps with very good accuracy
AK-47= .308 caliber, 2,000 fps with average accuracy but poor at long range

M-16 = .223 caliber, 3,000 fps with very good accuracy
AK-47= .308 caliber, 2,000 fps with average accuracy but poor at long range
AK47=.33 CAL Just to pad my post count. :D

Last edited:
After reading this thread, I think it's clear that you'd better not open hostilities against Patsfans.com. First comes the automatic weaponry, then Bostonian1962 follows to soak the corpses.

After reading this thread, I think it's clear that you'd better not open hostilities against Patsfans.com. First comes the automatic weaponry, then Bostonian1962 follows to soak the corpses.
I think its goodfor people to have a broad,and varied range of knowlage. If only I could learn how to spell. :D

Last edited:
I remember during boot camp at Parris Island, we had to shout out:

"This is my rifle (M-16), this is my gun (something else);
this is for fighting (M-16), this is for fun (something else)."

Just like in Full Metal Jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back