PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dexter Reid comments on Samuel LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its not as simple as u think it is to franchise him and then trade him.

isnt it against rules? i could have sworn jets got some reports about dealing Abraham..

I didn't recommend franchising him and trading him. I would much rather see us sign him to a contract that pays him what he is worth, not a contract that is more than Champ Bailey's.

After the 2002 season, we franchised Tebucky Jones and then traded him. I don't think there were any repurcussions for that, don't hold me to it though.

well its not as simple as u think it is to franchise him and then trade him.
It isn't. In oder for a trade to work, the team and Samuel have to agree to a contract first. You can't trade the franchise designation, so the teh team wouldn't own Samuel without that contract.

So if Samuel doesn't want to be traded, he doesn't agree to a deal, and he is not traded.

Pats would have to find a team that is willing to give up a first, one that Samuel is willing to go to, and one that will pay Samuel what he wants.

It can be done, but as you say, it isn't simple.

Patriots | Former teammate doesn't expect team to pay for Samuel
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 19:44:17 -0800

John Tomase, of the Boston Herald, reports Indianapolis Colts CB Dexter Reid, a former member of the New England Patriots, has said he doesn't believe the Patriots will pay enough money to keep CB Asante Samuel. "They won't pay him," Reid said. "You know that, being from the Boston Herald. You know how things work there. (Owner Robert) Kraft ain't paying nobody."

I have this feeling that Samuel is going to want top-dollar. I wouldn't be shocked if Reid's attitude is very similar to Samuels...

We will have to tag Samuel and see what happens...

What happens is that we hope making Dan Graham a captain leads to him re-signing here.

I'd want Daniel Graham too if my tight ends all sucked.

Good thing we traded up in that draft, otherwise we'd have been the ones stuck with Jeremy Stevens. (Though I'd trade 'em both for Ed Reed. :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back